Recent content by kmann

  1. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    Yeah when it flared up about a week ago I was like "NO....not after everything else now this"...I should just get a steroid injection...have had many over the years for it between both heels...but the last one I had was by far the worst...and hurt very bad....so Im a bit gun shy!!!! LOL, but it...
  2. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    It of course swells terribly...pain is pretty well all gone, but the swelling gets to me. You know the drill..lots of pressure, stiffness, which makes it hard to bend, so I walk strange, then everything else starts to hurt. Struggling with some nasty plantar fasciitis in opposite foot right...
  3. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    Yeah...I take aleve frequently...doesnt seem to doing anything for my swelling though. I had been completely off the narcotics...but now this week back to full time work....I have been taking a percocet at bed time.
  4. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    Well, Im gonna try it and see....I have very significant swelling...which gets really bad after being on it for even short amount of time...I wear a compression sleeve over my knee...but it gets soooo swollen under the compression sleeve...it feels like Im going to "blow out the...
  5. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    @Wanttobebiking thanks for the info, I have had 1 massage since surgery (14 weeks ago) but it was just a normal massage. There is a therepist here in town that does lymphatic drainage and myofacial...think Im gonna try her out
  6. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    Well my two weeks of half days is over, back to 8 hours a day tomorrow. Half days went pretty well, still struggle with a lot of swelling at the end of the day, so I'm sure these eight hour days are going to be rough. I think if I could get the swelling under control I would be alright. I think...
  7. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    It just keeps it from developing I guess....I put on in am...still swells a little under compression sleeve...but NOTHING like without it
  8. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    I wear it all day, doesnt bother me at all...I actually feel better with it on!!!
  9. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    I had alot of swelling!!! PT also told me she thought it would help...I got off Amazon...its a Zensah knee compression sleeve. There are many others on there also.
  10. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    This journey is a hard one for sure...but I feel like I am getting close to the crest of the hill :bicycle1:....boy am I ever ready for the down hill coast!!! I feel it coming....but this back to work thing might slow me down a bit!!! :bicycle2:...But I will keep going!!!! It will be worth all...
  11. kmann

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    Hi, I'm 43, and had a total knee replacement 12 weeks ago. They told me 5 years ago I needed to do it. I spent the last 5 years limping really badly. It affects everything, your other knee, your hip,your back. Don't be like me, don't put it off. Just get the knee replaced and get it over with...
  12. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    Yes...next 2 weeks actually...thank goodness! After that might see about only doing 4... 8 hr days for a while too!! We will see how it goes.
  13. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    Hey all... been busy!!!! Getting along really very well...compression sleeve is a GOD SEND!!!! Without it the knee would swell soooo badly if I was up for any amount of time...can go much longer now with it on. 1st day back was LONG...My husband gets kidney stones alot, and he got a big one 2...
  14. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    @Wanttobebiking thank you for your concern, I go back to work tomorrow, only for 4 hours a day though. I did purchase a compression sleeve for my knee, I've been wearing it for about a week and it really helps.
  15. kmann

    TKR My post-op thread

    1. Mostly a 3 from swelling/stiffness...occasionally up to 5 2. Oxycodone 5/325 take PRN 1 tablet at night..been using approx 3 nights a week. 3. Ice everynight with cuff all night...occasionally during the day maybe 3 times a week for an hour or so 4. Elevate at night, all night...while...
Back
Top Bottom