Recent content by klpgsd

  1. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    I'm pretty much over the hardest part...so I doubt I'll be writing much anymore..
  2. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    @numbzee Your message ended up in my spam so just now saw it...I'm so sorry you've had a horrible time with your PT...hope all gets better for you. Still having problems with sleep..may call my primary doc and get something that will let me sleep without the achy ankle/leg.
  3. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    @Josephine I don't have any recovery thread just a conversation with @numbzee
  4. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    How did PT go yesterday? Hope it was as good as the first time...slept a little better last night but still was awakened with my achy leg...take care
  5. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    @numbzee Too funny a dog that's afraid of flies!! Well I'm officially discharged from in-home PT...he said if I could get my leg completely straight I wouldn't need out-patient PT...my ROM is 126..I am going to try extra-pain relief PM store brand and see if that helps my sleep. Hope you're...
  6. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    I do feel blessed to get this far in the short amount of time. Now if I could only sleep at night. I'm going to check out the drug store for some kind of sleep aid. Advil PM doesn't work. Leg really ached last night. Probably from all I did yesterday. Jewely did do some agility when she was...
  7. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    I am so glad you had a wonderful PT person and session...I hope it continues. My horseback riding days are all in the past. My PT guy told me nerve trauma could be the reason for my ankle to ache. The spot is under my ankle bone before the sole...I think I had a similar ache before surgery..this...
  8. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    Well how did it go yesterday? Did your husband take you? Slept slightly better last night..still achy foot.Anxious to get out today and do a few things. Three weeks is long enough to be stuck inside. Returned CPM machine yesterday...all ok here
  9. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    Only trouble it was too late..should have stayed with the horses. Daughters live in Burbank..about 160 miles away. I have 3 children, 5 grandchildren and 4 gr-grands. Hardly any pain during the day so don't take anything. It is the nights that are awful..another bad one last night...took...
  10. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    My father got me a horse when I was almost a teenager..I was more interested in boys than horses so she wasn't ridden as much as she should have been. When I moved up here I bought Suzy when she was 10 and she lived to be 32. Normally each year I take the train down to my daughters for TG..not...
  11. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    It isn't like I have to bend over..real easy with the tools..I'm about as tall as you. I use to be about 5'6'...shrinking in my old age LOL. Your volunteer job sounded like a great job....I use to ride and had a horse up to a few years ago when she passed at 32. Also volunteered at a dog rescue...
  12. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    I'm going to call to find out when and if the cpm machine has to be returned..I'm sure you're right..21 days max or I pay rental. I am only missing one steri-strip so far...took a shower a little while ago and they're still stuck on. Right now my main complaint is weakness and feeling faint..not...
  13. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    Oh you are so kind but I'm not as bad off as it sounds...the doc manipulation was for a split second, more of a surprise than anything. I'm doing well really. PT guy says one more week of in-home and then out patient. Fine with me. I don't take hardly any pain meds during the day, just at night...
  14. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    I can't seem to find a pain pill that stops the annoying pain at night. During the day I don't need pain pills as a rule. Saw the doc yesterday and boy did he do a number on my knee...I guess you would say "manual manipulation" and it has been hurting ever since especially during the night. I...
  15. klpgsd

    Countdown to hopefully fix my right knee

    I think you're right about returning CPM machine...guess 3 weeks is the limit. I'm terrible about using it. Lousy night sleep last night..finally took tramadol and slept. My dog has been very good too. I have my doc appt. today and will ask about another week of in-home pt or start outpatient...
Back
Top Bottom