Recent content by kktoland

  1. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Update: 10 weeks on right hip and 2 weeks on left hip. Getting staples out tomorrow - woohoo!!
  2. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Almost 9 weeks (right hip) and Day 6 (left hip) update: The energy drain is hitting hard this time around. I did manage a shower today and sat on couch for a while, so I'll take it - grin! More bruising this time and another 28 staples - must be OS lucky number LOL!
  3. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Day 4: Managed to take a shower, walk around the ward with PT and sit in recliner for a bit. My BP had been running quite low 105/58 for past few days and blood levels were low, so no xeralto for me this time. No compression stockings either which doesn't bother me one little bit. I'm...
  4. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Day 3 and I can finally focus my eyes somewhat. When I woke up I would swear this hip hurt worse than the other at first, especially in the groin. OS said that is not unusual. He did say the cartilage was in worse shape than he had thought..so I'm glad I went ahead with surgury. Sleepy...
  5. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Prepped and ready .. waiting to go to holding. Here we go again.
  6. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Tomorrow will be eight weeks since my right posterior hip replacement. I can sorta walk without support but not very far and limp when I do. AND ... Tomorrow I'm having a left posterior hip replacement. Soooo .. back on the walker and with a log leg and bobble head for a couple of weeks...
  7. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    @Nana757 - thanks for the good wishes. I have Tylenol or percocet but prefer not to take them prior to surgery because once I'm off morphine pump that is what they prescribe for pain. Pain is manageable as long as I'm not on my feet too long. @Kim22 - I am glad surgery will be soon. Just wish...
  8. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    7 week update: Well, I was doing so good with the right hip and then the combination of standing a lot baking and cold, damp weather has put me back to depending on the cane :chinstroke:. When I first stand up, I get these spasm like pains in the buttock and pinching pains in the groin. I'm...
  9. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Thanks everyone! Today was a good day. Once I dragged my lazy behind out of bed (I'm a nightowl), I did dishes, tidied the kitchen and living room and baked orange-cranberry bread (YUM!). This afternoon daughter and I volunteered helping pack snack sacks for low income kids (I haven't been in...
  10. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Well, it's official! Signed paperwork today, pre-testing Friday a.m. and left hip replacement on December 14th. Just as I've started getting around really well with a cane, I'm going to be starting all over again. :hairpulling:. Well, at least I should be ready for spring yard work - GRIN!
  11. kktoland

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    I agree with all the others .. rest, rest and more rest! Pamper yourself and everything will get better with time.
  12. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    @Jaycey, tree is decorated, presents wrapped, birthday party done and tomorrow I hope to start my baking. :egypdance:
  13. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Love the BOGO hip! :rofsign: Have been trying to get the Christmas tree decorated. It is a slow process with having to stop and rest my legs and back every 20 minutes or so. Of course I am rather picky about the garlands being just so etc. :heehee: This time of year is extra busy because we...
  14. kktoland

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a safe Black Friday :wave:. Hubbie took me shopping this afternoon (was not going to risk the a.m. crowds) and we had a good time just moseying around a bit. The only downside was a backache (altered gait) and pain in my left hip. The op hip was...
Back
Top Bottom