Recent content by Kiwigal

  1. K

    TKR 3 Years Post TKA - still Chronic pain and Swelling

    Hi @Kneebie - I did very similar to you...went shopping as well as lots of exercise and then my knee told me to lay off. It made it's point very clearly! same as you pain, swelling and also unable to walk easily. Mine was internal stretching/rebleed of scar tissue...so said surgeon anyway...
  2. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    Kneeling - yes or no? I have a few more questions on kneeling. How soon before you can or should kneel? It feels pretty gross when I tried, numb vs oh I don't even know how to describe it but felt weird - how long until it feels relatively normal to kneel and feel the knee touch the ground...
  3. K

    TKR Back to work

    @UKFrenchie I completely understand how you are feeling. Like you I was feeling great, no crutch at home and took a crutch out with me only in case needed it. Then one day did too much. Put me back 4-5 weeks so far. Do so much worrying about the physical but the emotional side I've found is...
  4. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    10 weeks since surgery. Haven't done a diary since I was a child and doing this is taking me back :) Since overdoing activity 5 odd weeks ago I am making progress again. Still icing and stationary bike but walking is only around the house...slowly ...with a crutch. Have gains everyday now...
  5. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    @Chelsea23 just had a unicompartmental knee replacement. The inner knee rather than whole. Apparently was to be quicker recovery and tbh it was. Could easily walk 1/2 hour and almost without a crutch. Felt like superwoman :). But the danger is doing too much because the knee felt so good...
  6. K

    TKR I think I have pes anserine bursitis. Is it OK to do modified zumba?

    Hi @ihavetwins and other Sapphires. My knee was done just a few days before yours. Like you was very active pre-op. What I've learnt from this is def not to overdo it . I've spent the last 4 weeks recovering from just one day doing too much. Swelling, soreness. Surgeon said scar tissue...
  7. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    8.5 weeks since surgery and I definitely under-estimated the physical and emotional roller coaster this would be. There are days I wish I had never had this surgery and just continued to take panadols for the aching because at least I could walk. I know this is just a phase and that the knee...
  8. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    Please change my subject/title to Kiwigal Recovery Thread - thx :)
  9. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Jockette. Encouraging to know there will be improvement. Not always easy to get information from surgeons post op apart from the 8 week check up. Finding this site has been such a relief. Patience sure is key isn't it :)
  10. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    7.5 weeks since op. 2 weeks since I overdid it and paid the price. Back to having swelling and pain around the kneecap. Plus back to needing a crutch to walk around the house. Surgeon says to stationery bike only, no walking (not than I can..) and lots of icing. No change really. Feeling...
  11. K

    Welcome to the September Sapphires' 2020 Knee Recovery Club!

    Hi - I had my PKR 2nd September - can you please add me to Sapphires :)
  12. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    Thx for the feedback everyone. Definitely relieved a bit of anxiety. Had a physio session today and he said to take it easy and if it hurts stop. Some new exercises - yay! And have great knee bend 130 - double yay. Have learnt that it's not going to be back to normal at 6 weeks and will...
  13. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    So 6 weeks post from op I walked to local shops 30mins and spent an hour browsing the shops - now have inner knee cap pain when walking. Usually walk 30 minutes a day with no problem but maybe the standing and walking after that too much? Should I be worried? Didn't have a walk yesterday but...
  14. K

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    Nearly at week six. Having good and bad days, but the bad ae so discouraging. Doing the exercises like a ninja. But super sore after yesterdays longish walk. Always worried something has gone wrong and not recovering as quickly as it should be. And wondering if I will ever be able to sleep...
Back
Top Bottom