Recent content by Kiwi71

  1. K

    THR 2nd THR - one week on

    Well another update I am now 12 days post op from my 2nd hip and it's amazing. I am only taking panadol and ibuprofen for pain and I am sleeping mostly through the night on my side (I couldn't sleep at all for 6 weeks with the first one ) - the incision site is smaller by about 3 cms and the...
  2. K

    THR 2nd THR - one week on

    So I had my first hip (right side) done early Feb (14 weeks ago) - I have one week post operative on my left side. So my observations so far - I definately think that the 12 week mark was golden for me on my first hip, suddenly I didn't need crutches and could sleep on my side without a pillow...
  3. K

    THR dysplasia<

    Josephine is it normal to get lower bacl pain on one side (the same side as my new hip) I am thinking it could be because of walking a little lopsided? I am using two crutches and will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow 27th March. I am having my other hip done on the 6th April so only a week and...
  4. K

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Good to hear you are resting - that's the best medicine. I am actually making myself be on two crutches till 7 1/2 weeks until I have my second hip and then on 2 crutches for another 8 weeks after that! I can definitely relate to the frustration or desire to be walking unassisted - however I...
  5. K

    THR dysplasia<

    This really encouraging, Josephine. Thanks so much for the articles - it's great to read positive stuff. Thank you!
  6. K

    THR Sleepless in recovery

    Hello there I can really sympathize I am a side sleeper and only on my right side! I had a RTHR 5 and half weeks ago. I didn't sleep at all tossing aND turning with pillows before I decided to do the following. During the day i just take panadol and ibuprofen but half an hour before bed...
  7. K

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Hi there - my advise is slow down and take it easy. I am nearly 6 weeks post op and still on 2 crutches. At 2 weeks I decided to go down to one crutch and cut out pain meds....big mistake. Pain and mobility setbacks :( I've only just come right. It's huge surgery let your body heal - in a...
  8. K

    THR Hip popping

    Very early days , they should have you on some pretty solid painkillers - I was on oxynorm and oxytontin for 7 days. Don't worry about taking the hard stuff for a few days / weeks - I am now nearly 6 weeks post op RTHR and I'm only on panadol. The heavy drugs are there for a reason in the...
  9. K

    THR dysplasia<

    Wow so great to hear from you I can relate so well to all you have written. Yes people don't understand or even comprehend the pain and are very quick to think that after your surgery you are 'better'. It's not that they are uncaring - just we live in a rush rush world and if your standing and...
  10. K

    THR dysplasia<

    Thank you for your reply - it is much appreciated. I will cut out the exercises and just stick to the bike 2 times a day. My next operation is in 2 weeks time so I'll just rest. Thanks for all your tips!!
  11. K

    THR dysplasia<

    Ok twice a day I do the following sets. Leg up / knee up bent in front of me x 10 Leg extended straight out to the side and held extended for 5 seconds. X 10 Leg extended directly backwards behind me (straight leg) x 10
  12. K

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Yes I am 5 weeks post operative and I have lost half of my very thick hair! Still sheding lots per day - very annoying! Google it - it's common and should grow back after 6 -12 months but very disheartening for us women I felt so down and tearful at 3 weeks - i cried a lot , not from pain...
  13. K

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    4½ weeks post op - anterolateral approach THR.
  14. K

    THR dysplasia<

    Thanks. 1. Anterolateral approach 2. At rest pain level 2 - walking on two crutches 2 - without crutches 4 3. Pain meds 500mg x 2 panadol 4 hourly 4 times a day. 200mg x 2 ibuprofen 4 hourly 4 times a day. 15mg × 1 of codine - once before bed 125mcg x 1 of triazolam - once before...
  15. K

    THR dysplasia<

    My exact date for surgery was 13th February 17 - right hip. And yes Josephine I can answer any questions - more than happy to do so :)
Back
Top Bottom