Recent content by Kitty15

  1. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Found it under Frequently asked Questions section..."Where are you in recovery?" Posted by Referee 54.
  2. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Josephine, I read on this site that "several" tourniquets were applied during surgery...I did not realize they were both applied to the thigh. All who have had a TKR know that I was referring to the vice "feeling" that grabs you immeadiately after the block wears off...and remains for weeks!
  3. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Easy mistake ... :secret::sneaker:as it sure feels like they had one there! :heehee:
  4. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    The entire leg? I know that my leg (calf and thigh) is still a bit swollen and tender and quite stiff... but it is only warm in and around the knee replacement area...(a pretty large area) because that is where most of the damage was done....but I know they did have tourniquets on thigh and...
  5. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Thanks for asking Celle...(hope this answers your questions)...Surgery June 30th...It was actually my physiotherapist and surgeon that told me that I am ahead of the majority they see in recovery... 111° bend and 0° straight (as of yesterday). I am pretty much able to get around at will with or...
  6. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    They have been adding new (gentle) moves each time and quite helpful in encouraging my (on my own) at home therapy. Getting stronger and less pain each day.
  7. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Hi again Bebita, I am surprised that you have no outside therapy as yet... I started 4th day and go 2x week... that really helps! I only take my narcotic at night, as it makes me feel sick, tired and depressed if I take it during waking hours. I am only on an aspirin 1x daily for clot...
  8. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Hi Bebita, I also had TKR on June 30th, One night in care suite and home next day. Very rough at first! But with 2x week therapy and lots of (on my own) home exercises...I am now at 111° bend and 0° Straight...Yeah! Still have bruising, numbness, stiffness and pain on a daily basis....night...
Back
Top Bottom