Recent content by KittensMom

  1. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    16 months post op, and I'm in a weird place with my recovery. October-March I documented here that 7 months after my THR things took a turn and I was dealing with horrible mid-thigh pain, which then spread to my butt, hip side, and was eventually joined by cascading nerve pain in the inner...
  2. K

    THR 12 weeks after - ROM not improving

    I could bend my hip maximum 45 degrees for 20 years before I had my hip replacement. It took many months for the ROM to improve. I didn't stretch it, my physio was very much against it for the first 12 months post surgery, just so that I allow my soft tissues to heal. It's been a year and a half...
  3. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Could I please trouble the mods to change the subject to: 1 year since THR, dealing with thigh pain. Many thank yous!
  4. K

    THR Post surgery

    I'm also 38yo with a hip prosthesis. I had my hip replaced a year ago, and I too had poor mobility. From my experience movement in my hip came back slowly, without any special stretching. I was a bit worried at first that my hip did not have grater mobility right after surgery, but after decades...
  5. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    @Jaycey did your trapped nerve issue resolve with time, did you get any sort of treatment?
  6. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Thank you. When the blocking happens it feels like there something physically in the way that is stopping the forward movement of the leg. I did definitely have some nerve pain, and also started experiencing lower back pain after some time dealing with the thigh and hip issues, but am not sure...
  7. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Hello, coming to you with another update. The OS gave me the results of the CT scan over the phone 3 weeks ago. No loosening of the prosthesis, everything looks fine with the implant. Problems continue however. I was sick with the flu a month ago and during the week's rest most of the pain...
  8. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    In the last two weeks I had both mild and very bad days. Today I had my CT scan. No contrast, but they did move the leg into different positions to see if the implant is fixed well. I asked the technician if they will see if there are any muscular / nerve issues via this test. She said no. This...
  9. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Thank you @myglasshalffull , this helps more than you can know!
  10. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    I am close to giving up mentally. The pain is awful, it comes back every day after I get up on my feet and my mind cannot imagine it could be something that can be solved by physio :( From Friday to Monday it moved completely out of my front thigh and into the side of my hip joint an buttock...
  11. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    I saw my surgeon today. Gave her the full history of the pain but she was not taking notes, I suppose it doesn't matter much without further tests. I didn't have pain yet today when I had the visit, so she saw me in a great shape, walking confidently and with no limp. She kept repeating that...
  12. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Oh what a confusing week it has been so far! On Monday I got a letter from my rheumatologist who ordered the xray my OS later so gloomly summarised in her patient notes. I was staring at it with disbelief for over a minute, as it said no pathological changes were found. I was resisting it, but...
  13. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Thank you all again for your replies. This forum makes me feel less alone in this situation! I don't even try to make people around me understand how big of a mental undertaking the return of chronic pain is if you have been dealing with it for decades. I have been doing a bit of breath work...
  14. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    I am back to icing in the evenings and see some temporary relief with it. Wish I could do it throughout the day as well, but it's not possible with work.
  15. K

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Thank you for all of your replies <3 I've spent the last two days with tears in my eyes. Mainly I'm praying the xray is wrong, and that my implant is all snug in there. My secondary hope is that even if there is some small spacing, my symptoms are not related to it. The only part of the...
Back
Top Bottom