I slept in the living room for the first 8 weeks... rotated between a very comfortable futon and my oversized chair. And by sleep, I mean toss and turn and watch TV! Easy to get to kitchen and spare bathroom. Let my BF be in the bedroom. Would call on the cell phone if I needed him during...
I lived in a chair with arms! Mine is oversized and would nap in it with an ottoman and pillows. The couch was too soft and low to ground. My non operative knee is also bad, so being able to use my arms really helped, especially early on. I told my boyfriend we are getting a recliner before...
3 weeks is so early... I'm just at 8 weeks and finally can say my day doesn't revolve around pain and when to take my next pill. My last PT appointment was a breakthrough, my non operative knee hurt worst than the operative knee. Follow the bonesmart motto... lots of rest, ice, elevation, and...
Single shot femoral blocks last 12-24 hours. They can be used for outpatient knee surgery, so walking after is fine. You will have quad weakness for sure. I had a femoral catheter and initially must have been set up wrong, they readjust the dosing of it and 4-5 hours later got quite a bit of relief.
Surgery was 10/29 and today is first daY I feel like typing. Why did I do this again??
So my history is 39 yo nurse with significant patella femoral disease related to bilateral subluxated patellas with multiple dislocations since I was 8. I also have some aspect of inflammatory arthritis. So...
As for picking a surgeon... for me it was important to pick someone who was used to doing TKR's on young people. I work in the operating room... and didn't pick any of my surgeons because they all do mainly people in their 60-70's and up. I have a different perspective as a young person. I...
I can tell you about TTT experience personally as I had it done on my left knee when I was 19. I do say it was successful in preventing my patella from dislocating, but am now left with severe bone on bone in the patella femoral area. The rehab for the ttt was probably no less than a TKR...
I haven't had it. I did ask two OS if an arthroscopy would help my pain and delay my surgery. Both said it was a waste of time, but if I wanted to try it they would do it. Both said a TKR is what I needed, but I am bone on bone. I'm only 39. It sounds to me that if you still have cartilage...
l just recently donated my blood for surgery also. I'm usually a hard stick and it was like, wham bam thank you!! It was less painful than usually having my labs drawn, and the blood bank people use much bigger needles! I wonder if blood bank are just better at drawing blood? I'm sorry you...
Yes,emergen c will be fine. Lots of fluids. Rest. And don't stress about it. If you are having a spinal, you will probably have a better chance of proceeding. Like others said, check with your surgeon. Don't over think it and look for symptoms!
David that is an awesome story! I have my fingers crossed that you will have good news to report tomorrow. Just curious.. I read somewhere that younger people have a harder recovery, is that true?
I totally understand your dilemma. My BMI is around 50. i was also scared to go to an OS. But, when you find the right one all the stress will be worth it. I wished you lived near me, my OS never commented on my weight. I am on the young side, and that was mentioned only because...
I don't personally think the brand matters, but for myself would want the motorized. I had a gravity one for my surgery in 1992 and I still remember that the nurse left it hanging above my bed with clamps open and all night I felt so much pressure around my knee!! I hated it. I didn't get...
Thanks everyone for all of the advice! It's a little over 3 weeks to my big day and I'm so nervous! I don't see my OS for two weeks... i'm going to have a list of questions for him!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.