Recent content by KisstheskyBrace

  1. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @Hipster-2 of course great question! Well it's actually a little weird because I don't know what happened. I was sitting on the ground watching TV, I leaned over to grab some popcorn and I felt a pop and screamed. When I leaned over I obviously turned my leg/hip the wrong way somehow, or put...
  2. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    Okay so visit to my surgeon was very comforting. She explained how even though a dislocation is not common, it is a "normal" complication in the first 6 months... She said if it happens again then it's something we would be worried about. She gave me some extra paperwork on precautions I can...
  3. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    Thank you everyone I woke up yesterday feeling much better already. Today is a little better too. I'm still very sore, but I'm on my way to see my surgeon now and looking forward to getting some info and guidance. Thank you all again for the words and prayers
  4. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @Layla thank you for continuing to check in!!! A lot happened in the last couple days. I have been feeling great! Started walking around the neighborhood about a mile every day. Got rid of my cane and my limp. Monday the 14th was my 12 week check up and it was perfect everything looked good. I...
  5. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    Took my first unassisted steps today!! It was actually unintentional. I went to the bathroom, stood up from the toilet and walked to the sink without getting my cane. I started washing my hands and thought, "Wait a minute." :heehee: I noticed I lean a little, almost looks like my pre-op...
  6. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    Guys BIG STEPS (literally) today! I got off the walker and walked with the cane!! I also was able to stand up without using my hands to push myself up! With a little help from the physical therapist's gait belt. :yes!::dancy: My morning headache was still present but slightly milder and went...
  7. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left Hip replacement on wed June 17

    @Nickelpede hello! While I was reading I couldn't help but compare, we seem to have a couple similarities in our recovery stories so far! My surgery was the 12th in Jacksonville FL. All my hospitals staff, from nurses to surgeons to food service as well were also quite wonderful! I had salmon...
  8. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @leejaa thank you! It is early days I appreciate the reminder. My mom also enjoys mowing the lawn!! I have always hated it. She bought herself a fancy John Deere riding mower last year because she has about half an acre to do. Sounds like yours is a riding mower too? I bet that would be easier...
  9. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @zauberflöte I love the stories of your Fatso!! Ours was up to 18 lbs at one point too according to her medical records, and they say she should be 8-9!? I call BS but she is down to 15 right now and we have her on a strict diet. I bet that kitty was happy with whatever happened in the story...
  10. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @Hipster-2 thanks for the tip I'll look into adding that too! My newest addition is benefiber we'll see what this does for my system :fingersx: @Chrismcd fainting is no fun, yes very lucky that your husband was there to catch you!! A fall that early post-op would be a scary thing. I don't have...
  11. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @Layla good morning! I'm doing okay and definitely feeling settled into a routine. I am still waking up with a headache every day so that's part of the routine I am not enjoying. But it still seems to go away as soon as I get a large glass of water down so it seems to just be dehydration...
  12. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @zauberflöte they did not actually give me compression socks, they said I could wear them but it wasn't required. I had a pair at home I put on today we'll see how that goes. @Layla thanks for the massage tips I'll definitely try that out too! The swelling went down a little overnight and then...
  13. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    Okay something new today folks. Woke up okay but by afternoon my ankle was starting to swell a bit. Before bed it's I would say, noticably larger. Something to worry about or no? I have iced and elevated all day. Went for a walk around the house or 2, I'm certain I did not overdo it
  14. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    Hello @Layla ! Day 5 and still going great! The headache is present when I wake up still, but I've been chugging a glass of water right away and it goes away quickly. I guess my body isn't staying hydrated overnight? Otherwise no complaints! At home PT came yesterday to assess where I'm at...
  15. KisstheskyBrace

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @Layla I talked to my surgeons nurse today she said yes that the headache is likely from the anesthesia and maybe I'm dehydrated. So it looks like extra extra fluids to continue, since I already thought I was drinking extra
Back
Top Bottom