Recent content by kimw

  1. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    Thanks for asking. Not much has changed for me. Still minimal bend, ~70, probably. Finishing a course of antibiotics for cellulitis next to my TKR. Most of my swelling (same as before cellulitis) has gone down except for the area just above my knee. It is still 5-6 cm larger than other knee even...
  2. K

    Revision TKR Revision again

    Just found your thread after I sent personal message. Sorry to hear about your problems. HOpe it will be sorted out.
  3. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    Still working at it. Last PT visit got to 80. Don't maintain at home but it is an increase. If I can keep gaining, I will be happy. It is just so slow. I see the OS so he can recertify my physical therapy and the CPM machine (think it helps tremendously--wish I had had after initial surgery)...
  4. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    Still haven't got the hang of posting correctly. After rereading instructions, I think this is where I would request a thread title chang. Please change my title to Low ROM (Knee Bend).
  5. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    Thanks so much for replying. You don't know how much I need to hear that there is still hope. IF I know that I can achieve a good range ultimately, I don't mind a long recovery. I just have lots of folks telling me (esp. OS who wants to do a 2nd MUA --NO!!) I am not working hard enough.
  6. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    I would love to hear from anyone who is still struggling with ROM (less than 80 degrees). I am 6 weeks post MUA and a 70 degree ROM is the best I can do on a good day. If I were improving even slowly, I would be hopeful, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I still have moderate swelling in...
  7. K

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    The PT uses mainly massage and stretching. I usually pedal an exercise bike back and forth for a few minutes. Stretching. Foot slides are usually a requirement. My insurance is paying so I understand that PTs have to quantify. Never can maintain bend I get there. Loose feeling lasts for a few...
  8. K

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    My OS wanted to do another MUA. I said no. His comment has been 'he's never had a patient like me' -- so encouraging. Some mornings the swelling has gone down a little but as soon as I use it, it tightens back up. Thanks for all your support.
  9. K

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    I would be ecstatic with 90 flexion. I am 11.5 weeks post right TKA and 4.5 weeks MUA. Before MUA best was in low 50s. Since MUA, best in PT not home was 75 ROM. Still have swelling. Goes down some at night but increases with any activity. Not sure what next step should be. I go to PT 3 times...
  10. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    I read your knee recoveries. My experience hasn't even been close. Barely made the 50 ROM mark before the MUA at 6 weeks and not much better after. Had major swelling from Day 1. Still at moderate level. Use the CPM machine (since MUA) to loosen up and seems to make it feel better. Use very low...
  11. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    Varies but usually I start at -1 and go up to 70-90. Depends on how things are going on that day. Some days less. I realize not a true measure of ROM.
  12. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    What are ADLs? I have an ice therapy machine that I use all night every night. During the day I ice additionally 2-3 times. Since my left knee is a problem now, I have been resting most of the time. I also use the Cpm machine periodically throughout the day. It seems loosen it up and it...
  13. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    Another set back for me. On Friday my left knee went out. I have osteoarthritis in both knees that has caused bone on bone. Reason for the TKR. I am sure it's because of additional stress I have put on it. Seems to be improving. Hope so. See surgeon on Wed. I am dreading that since last...
  14. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    I am 9 weeks post TKA and 2 weeks post MUA so 11 weeks out. At best I have a ROM in low 70's. Most people I read on this forum are much further along at 11 weeks. At 5 weeks I was in the 50's. So you think I can still reach 100+ ROM?
  15. K

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    I am happy to answer questions. Still figuring out how the forum works. I am 9 weeks post right TKR and 2 weeks post MUA. My Rom measured 70 on this past Wednesday. I use a Cpm machine (I requested after MUA) at home and am at 90 currently on it. However, doesn't seem to translate to actual...
Back
Top Bottom