Recent content by Kimbo1

  1. K

    TKR On my way to Left TKR

    Good morning all. Thought I'd come back and post about my experience with meniscus repair and subchondroplasty of my left knee. I experienced extreme pain on 9/21/24 and couldn't put any weight on my left leg. I saw an ortho who said I had stress fractures and needed to stay off of my leg for...
  2. K

    TKR On my way to Left TKR

    @mendogal Thanks for the input. I did some research that was very specific to grade IV chondromalacia and they advised against firing up the quads and hamstrings. I will reach out for a PT referral.
  3. K

    TKR On my way to Left TKR

    @benne68 Hello. Thanks for your response. He told me to take Advil or Ibuprofen and I did get a shot of Kenalog. I'm not in pain unless I try to walk so I am totally off of it and only icing and resting at this point. He basically said to do exercises to strengthen the quads, hamstrings, and...
  4. K

    TKR On my way to Left TKR

    Good evening all. Saw the ortho today. His impression is that there is bone edema like a stress fracture. He wants me to try 6 more weeks without any weight bearing. If I still have the sharp pain with walking, then we will discuss an unloader brace, gel injections, and TKR. I'm sad to be on...
  5. K

    TKR On my way to Left TKR

    Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you had a good outcome. Must be great to have two working knees. ☺️
  6. K

    TKR On my way to Left TKR

    Thank you both for your responses. The articles and personal stories are so helpful. When I think of going through the surgery again, I'm really nervous. Unfortunately, I can't even walk without pain. I've been told the hat being a redhead means my tolerance for pain is very low. Really? Even...
  7. K

    TKR On my way to Left TKR

    Had my right TKR in March of 2020 and that was a crazy time with Covid. Now, my left knee is acting up. It came out of nowhere on September 21st. I was stopped in my tracks by excruciating pain. Since then, I've been on crutches. My MRI showed horizontal medial meniscus tear in the anterior...
  8. K

    Calcium deposits in shoulder

    Hello members. Has anyone else had calcium deposits removed from the shoulder? I've had it done twice in the right and once in the left. Had an MRI of the left today to diagnose more extensive injury. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
  9. K

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    @Celle thank you. I will check out her thread.
  10. K

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    Has anyone had lysis of adhesions after more than a year? How did it go?
  11. K

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    Well, not very good news from OS today. He said, it is what it is. He didn't recommend doing a lysis if adhesions because of the risk if infection or damage to the appliance. He also said it usually only adds about 5 degrees to flexion and wasn't worth the risk. He said if I want to try it, he'd...
  12. K

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    Moderators, will you please change my thread name to "One year anniversary with continued pain and seeking second opinion?" Today marks my one year. I am still having pain after about 5,000 steps and have to take a break. Standing for periods over several minutes also causes pain and swelling...
  13. K

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    Hello moderators. Could you please change my thread title to "hypertrophic/keloid lady with ongoing stiffness and pain?" Had follow up with my OS who indicated he thinks this is what is contributing to my loss of function with my new knee. He's hoping I can get to 105 in January and thinks I...
  14. K

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    Yes, I've seen those before. This is just incredibly frustrating and sometimes it helps to commiserate with those who are "in the know." Guess I just need to keep the faith and/or accept.
  15. K

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    Thanks. I've actually gotten to 97/-4 since going to PT. Just wishing I could do a bit more.
Back
Top Bottom