Recent content by KFTCS

  1. K

    TKR Thank Goodness I Only have Two Knees!

    My Dr didn’t start PT for two weeks post surgery. I had a program from him (and the joint manufacturer) in my phone that told me what to do each day, exercises, walking, etc. I took no pain pills at all, just the antibiotic for 4 days, a nerve pill for the weeks and Tylenol. I iced all day and...
  2. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    Yes, this! My surgeon uses an app associated with the joint manufacturer. They give you a couple of exercises a day to do as you can, not mandatory. I followed them every day, and PT started two weeks post surgery once a week. Other PTs, I’ve taken have always been multiple times a week so I...
  3. K

    TKR When oh when oh when

    It’s been said before, but I can’t say it enough times, don’t let a PT hurt your recovering joint. It can’t get better if it’s constantly being hurt, it’s that simple. How will the inflammation go away if they’re constantly manipulating it farther than it can really go and causing more? I...
  4. K

    THR Getting anxious

    Yes! Yes, tell them, tell everyone! Your surgeon should know pre-surgery, the hospital nurses that are prepping you for surgery should know, the anesthesiologist to comes in should know, and everyone taking care of you in recovery should be advised ahead of time, and they won’t be, unless you...
  5. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    I feel like a real change has happened. I had a very easy surgery/recovery as I mentioned. Dr recommended some additional PT for more right quad strength. Went on a mini vacation where I had to super rush across the airport to catch my connecting flight and missed 12 gym days in all when I came...
  6. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    Thankfully, doing well. Surgery was just as easy as the first, recovery as easy, but different. Everyone more than me not to compare knees, but it’s tough when you’re the same person, you had the same surgeon, in the same hospital, for the same problem. But I did my best not to compare. So far...
  7. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    So far, so good! Thankfully this was another pain free surgery. I followed the non-narcotic medical protocol: aspirin for blood clots (for 30 days), tylenol, celecoxib, pregabalin and cephalexin (an antibiotic, for 4 days). This was enough to keep any pain at bay. All I have ever felt is...
  8. K

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Right knee replacement + 3 days
  9. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    Thanks for thinking of me! It was okay. A bit more pain than my left TKR last October but still bearable.
  10. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    Thanks!!!
  11. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    Everything went well, thanks for reaching out. This one’s a little more painful than the last one but still nothing that I need painkillers for so I’m happy. Heading over to post a picture of this scar, lol!
  12. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    Yes, it was just my left leg, the one I had the TKR on last October. I elevated it and iced it (just in case) and it seemed to go away. Today it's barely swollen, just a miniscule amount - unless I'm just looking for it so I see it...
  13. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    All of a sudden my husband noticed my left ankle is swollen like I’m retaining water. I’m 6mos post op on my left TKR and my right one is in two weeks. What the heck can be going on?!?!?
  14. K

    TKR Feeling Normal Again

    Even with that little bit of swelling still there (my LTKR was October 3, 2022), and that little bit of tightness that I feel, it is 1000% better than it was pre-surgery so I can deal with that tightness. I would imagine that one day it’ll just be gone and I won’t even realize it. My RTKR is...
  15. K

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    It helped a lot for the first month but it’s already wearing loss, so I’m back in as much pain on my non operated knee as I was before. I can’t wait for my second surgery: it’s scheduled for April 17. Obviously, the doctors are warning me that it won’t necessarily be as easy as the first one...
Back
Top Bottom