Recent content by Kev's wife

  1. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    There shouldn't be any connection to our location but I feel like we're jinxed. Persuaded my family to move across the country for an awesome job .... not so awesome after all. We are thinking of moving back to be closer to our family and friends, but that takes a lot of effort. First I need...
  2. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    We're back! Kevin had his RTHR on Jan 22, 2013. Although the least painful before surgery, it was a tougher recovery. Apparently his bones are TOO strong, requiring them to beat the rod into his leg. Absolute craziness. He's not had a single pain free day with average pain in the 4-5 range...
  3. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    Kev had his 2-week post op visit this past Wednesday and the doctor and his PA's were thrilled that we was walking without aids, and the only limp due to the leg length discrepancy. They have scheduled the next replacement for January 22nd. I tried to get them to slip me a prescription for a...
  4. Kev's wife

    The Bum's Rush; or Welcome to the Machine Part Two

    Just wanted to chime in with kudos to the hospital where my husband had his surgery. In the gift shop, they sell a "hip replacement kit" which contains all the tools necessary for your recovery: grabber, sock aid, etc. And it wasn't any more expensive than buying them elsewhere; possibly...
  5. Kev's wife

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    Tammy, I know Kev would be jealous to hear that a pain level of 4 is a bad day. But maybe if he rested a little more.... Crazy guy just won't sit still. I've always thought he was ADHD, but this seems to be proving it. "Oh, I need to do this. Oh, I need to do that." Yesterday he did...
  6. Kev's wife

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    Welcome to the NC boys. We're in NC as well; Greensboro. Where did you have your surgeries done? Hubby hasn't worn his TED's since day 2 or 3 at home. We decided that he was walking plenty and didn't need further assistance with circulation. I suspect that the anterior approach will reduce...
  7. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    The therapist thinks he is doing great. They walked outside on Tuesday and Kevin is now doing the walk about twice daily. He uses the cane when he's outside but walks well without it. He limps far less now than before surgery. We got his pain meds changed and now it ranges from 3-4 up to 5-6...
  8. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    Needless to say, after a day of activity, Kevin spent Saturday on the couch either sleeping or moaning in pain. It took all day to get somewhat ahead of the pain (5 is still the lowest it's been since surgery and long before surgery). He was more active today but less so than Friday although...
  9. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    He's paying the price today for his behavior yesterday. I keep reminding him, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."
  10. Kev's wife

    THR My Journey begins

    Our five cats were thrilled when Kevin came home. They glared at me when I came home alone on Wednesday night.
  11. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been too busy chasing my husband around the house, trying to get him to quit doing so much. Yup, 72 hours as a hippie and he is ready to ditch the walker. Life got infinitely better once we got his pain under control. I'm amazed and I know he is too. He...
  12. Kev's wife

    THR My new Right hip on Nov. 1st

    You're only five days in, so I bet you'll be looking back in a couple of weeks and smiling.
  13. Kev's wife

    We're sick of surgeries

    Update on post-surgery site.
  14. Kev's wife

    THR Nov 06, 2012 - Kev's life as a hippie

    Kevin had surgery this morning to replace his left hip. Lo and behold, we got the lucky draw of having surgery on the same day the hospital went live with a new computer system. After multiple delays, and cursing from doctors and nurses alike, Kev is in his room. He actually was very hungry...
  15. Kev's wife

    We're sick of surgeries

    Tomorrow is Kev's big day. He's a nervous wreck but I convinced him to take a Xanax. Hoping it helps him to relax enough so he can get some sleep tonight. We have to be at the hospital by 6:45 am, so little time for him to fret in the morning. I have a bunch of work related items to do while...
Back
Top Bottom