Recent content by Kettlebell queen

  1. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Hi everyone, today I have had my 21 month check up after my total left hip replacement , my X-rays are fine, I still have pain but my surgeon thinks it's because of previous surgeries on the hip during childhood and ther will be muscle damage / scarring, I am very much into resistance training...
  2. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Have you ever experienced squeaking ? I've read up on the internet and it says it's common in taller younger patients, weird thing is it's only started after 9 months after my THR and is seen on ceramic on ceramic, happens only when I bend over, sometimes up to 15 times a day, other times less...
  3. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Cheers for the article , I've read or and it makes sense, I've also managed to loose some weight which I'm happy about , but I've noticed over the past couple of months or so, a slight squeaking sound on bending , just if I'm feeding my dogs or looking in a low cupboard , on straightening up I...
  4. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Wow, your doc says 18 months or forever? Holy Mary, that's bad, I still have a lot of pain and I think it's cos I had a hip deformity in childhood ( SUFE) which meant that I had severe muscle and tendon damage before I had the THR and now I have better range of movement it's almost like the...
  5. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    I'm only training twice a week now for about 45 mins a session , it's almost 9 months now since my THR , today I had a fright when I was deadlifting, I use big plates on the barbell which prevent me from bending too low , with a max weight of 32 kilos, on lowering the weight I heared a huge...
  6. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Blimey you have been through the mill, and breaking 24 bones that's pretty grim, you seem very positive and that's good, really good, I too am glad I had the surgery as my condition was only going to get far worse if left, now I'm dealing with having to relearn my movements as my alignment was...
  7. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Thanks for your advice , I've cooled off on the foam rolling now , and I, doing more walking, I'm now almost 8 months post op, but I still have pain after I've been sat down and get yo to walk, it can be quite severe, but then once I'm walking it's fine, I told my physiotherapist about this and...
  8. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Yes it's annoying the clunking , I still get it if I close my knees together quickly , but the overall clicking seems to have subsided , I emailed my surgeon about this but he hasn't replied , it's now 6 months since my THR and I'm doing ok , but I still have pain on getting up from a sitting...
  9. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    I am 5 months post op from an Uncemented ceramic on ceramic total hip replacement , I noticed a clunking of the joint a few weeks later while sat down and moving my knees together ,my surgeon said this was nothing to worry about, and so I forgot about it , but the past couple of weeks I've...
  10. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Ok thank you Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    I am 5 months post op from an Uncemented ceramic on ceramic total hip replacement , I noticed a clunking of the joint a few weeks later while sat down and moving my knees together ,my surgeon said this was nothing to worry about, and so I forgot about it , but the past couple of weeks I've...
  12. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Thankyou alexthecat , what you say makes perfect sense , I'm going to back off and see how I feel in a few weeks , It's so frustrating as I've been so active for years , I was worried that I'd damaged the implant in some way, what with pins n needles etc , thank you for your advice , much...
  13. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    I hate having to take time off , it's been so frustrating up to this point , I'm just worried that I haven't caused any damage like stem loosening or any other disasters, my surgeon and physio both say it's ok to do as I am , train x 3 weekly for 50 mins or so , I'm thinking it's because my leg...
  14. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    My surgeon knows my training pattern and is ok with it , I'm doing squats to retrain my alignment which is terribly off kilter , the pain I'm having I doubt is related to my lifting even though I only do 3 sessions a week , the pain hasn't really ever gone since day one , way before I got back...
  15. Kettlebell queen

    THR 11 weeks since my LTHR

    Yes I agree we all have different circumstances , I'm just fed up with still being In pain 5 months later , from getting up from a chair it really hurts until I get going, each and every time, I can't just get up and walk , I'm really looking forward to the day when I can Sent from my iPhone...
Back
Top Bottom