Recent content by ketchup

  1. ketchup

    THR Ketchup’s (very overdue) recovery thread

    I would first like to apologize for how long it has taken me to post this thread and to update everyone. The pre-op advice and guidance I was given was priceless, and I don’t think it would be fair to not update everyone now that I’m on the other side. Quick Facts Age: 29 DX: advanced...
  2. ketchup

    Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

    Thanks, Layla! I’m .. doing okay. Trying to keep myself busy with Easter egg hunts and the typical caring for an infant and toddler routine. I still haven’t packed my hospital bag, but I’ll do that in the next couple hours. I went ahead and decided to return the raised toilet seat w/ arms and...
  3. ketchup

    Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

    Thank you, everyone! The “hacks” in this thread have been super helpful, and definitely weren’t things I’d thought of/read on the many lists out there. This is exactly why having a forum full of experience is so priceless, I truly appreciate each and every one of you who have chimed in to...
  4. ketchup

    Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

    I see you are an ortho nurse. Your ice thread was super thorough for TKR. Do you have any recommendations for hips? The icing thing is something I'm still trying to sort out, logistically. I'll definitely use the alcohol/water tip to make my own ice packs (are these re-freezable, btw?), but have...
  5. ketchup

    Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

    Hmm. I'll have to keep reading. The ice section, specifically, seemed very geared towards TKR. Same with the shower tip. I'm looking for tips/tricks from those who have been through a THR, as it is an entirely different body part. Obviously the same wrap technique for icing to get relief for a...
  6. ketchup

    Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

    Wow, @AJinNH - thank you!! That was incredibly helpful. I hope you're feeling good.. I'll have to go check out your recovery thread! To answer your questions: When you say you know you won’t be able to shower for a week, did your OS tell you that or is it an assumption? - this was in the...
  7. ketchup

    Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

    @Jaycey - thanks! I saw that, but since it is geared primarily toward knees, I wanted to run my list by hipsters. The list there is definitely helpful, though!
  8. ketchup

    Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

    Surgery is on Monday. I'm ridiculously anxious (have had two very scary experiences with surgery--both csections--so no surprise there). One way I try and reign in my anxiety is to do as much planning as possible. Can you guys review my list of things to buy/have on hand post-op to help with...
  9. ketchup

    Need help planning two THRs at 29

    Hi, @Layla! Yep, I scheduled it last week a day or so after I intro’d over here. It was the first available Monday for surgery. Logic with a Monday operation is that I will be at least 6 days post-op before the kiddos will be home full-time for the weekend. Not expecting to be able to do much at...
  10. ketchup

    Just been told I need a THR

    Hey, @AnneyR! I’m just getting to your thread because, like you, I have a baby at home. Mine just turned 6mo yesterday (it flies SO fast!) and I also went through my entire pregnancy dealing with OA (undiagnosed at the time) on top of AVN. Never in a million years did I think that once I had...
  11. ketchup

    Need help planning two THRs at 29

    Thanks for the perspective, @Mascaramom. I've got everything crossed for your recovery--including your littles taking it easy on you--and will be following your journey closely. What you say re: csection vs. THR recovery, more specifically the sleep thing, makes total sense. On that note, what...
  12. ketchup

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Hi, @bottomshollow! I just scheduled my surgery today. I'll be getting a RTHR on April 2nd. Please add me to the list, thanks!
  13. ketchup

    Need help planning two THRs at 29

    Ugh. This is what I was concerned about. I was actually googling csection recovery vs. THR recovery yesterday, just to get an idea of what other women who have had both think in terms of pain/recovery. Can you elaborate more on your experience? How has this been more difficult than csection...
  14. ketchup

    Need help planning two THRs at 29

    @Mascaramom - no worries about not coming back last night, I totally get it! I wish I didn't know as much about TriCare as I do, but I'm used to the hoops at this point. I really am concerned with the overdoing it thing, because I find it difficult to police myself post-op if the meds help me...
  15. ketchup

    Need help planning two THRs at 29

    Thanks, @Mascaramom! I look forward to getting advice from someone who understands what I'm up against with deployments/TDYs, being broken, and little kids!
Back
Top Bottom