Recent content by Kerilyn

  1. Kerilyn

    THR Easier second time

    WOW. This Hip experience is totally different :happydance: The anesthesiologist said that what he was giving me should hold me over until the next day! Boy he was right. I woke up in recovery room and there was no instant pain like the first time. I feel like I'm cruising along :cheers...
  2. Kerilyn

    Cortisone Injection

    slapstep I had a cortisone shot in my right hip (direct into hip joint using xray to get it in the right spot) that lasted about a week and then scheduled surgery for 3 months later -5.7.12. Didn't want to continue with the pain as I was on my feet all day at work. When my left hip started going...
  3. Kerilyn

    Pre op exercise/stretches

    Thanks everyone for all the info! I will do all that I can so I can get back to "normal" as soon as possible. You're input and advice is appreciated! :flwrysmile: I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
  4. Kerilyn

    Pre op exercise/stretches

    Thanks Chris zauberflöte :) I am asking my Dr about doing physical therapy now. My IT band gets pretty irritated and my hip flexor gets bound up. When its really bad my knee hurts too. I am going to do the stretching as much as possible... I just really want to have a quicker recovery this time...
  5. Kerilyn

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello 2012 Hippies! It's great to read what everyone has been through and how they are doing now. It helps to know I'm not the only one with this and that :) It took pretty much a year for my leg to feel normal (normal after having THR) I had trouble with my muscles getting back on track. I...
  6. Kerilyn

    Pre op exercise/stretches

    Thanks LeeApril26. I will talk to my surgeon about it. Stretching will help I hope. :scratch:
  7. Kerilyn

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    HI Skay... Yes we are the same day and the same age :) I know what you mean about ... I went through the same thing. When I went to the DR to schedule my surgery, it was a good day and I thought hmm do I really need to do this and then bam! I had a reality check when I had constant sharp pains...
  8. Kerilyn

    Pre op exercise/stretches

    I had my TRHR 16 months ago. I had issues with my muscles recovering. My surgeon told me my muscles were tight when he did the surgery. It really took almost 1 year for them to feel normal (normal for having a replacement). I had the anterior approach done. I was wondering if anyone else had...
  9. Kerilyn

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Well I'm back... 16 months after RTHR .... getting my left hip replaced... 9/11
  10. Kerilyn

    THR leg length issues?

    Hello fellow hippies I did a search for leg length problems and did find some info regarding leg length differential (LLD). I am just about 3 weeks in recovery and I feel like my new hip leg is a bit longer. I asked my surgeon about it at my 2 week follow up. He just replied that he didn't...
  11. Kerilyn

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Here is my hippie scar about 3 days post op and a photo of my shiny new hip! ... it is much prettier now almost 3 weeks post op :hapydancsmil:I asked my surgeon for a pretty scar lol! I think he did pretty good and told him so ... I got a grin out of him.
  12. Kerilyn

    less than 24 hrs to New Hip

    ]Ice...elevate...rest. I iced almost 24 hours a day. I felt like a Popsicle Totally feel like a Popsicle! Lol! Week one down. Moving better. Might enter a walker race :th_heehee: Still not sleeping good though.:sigh: Really hoping that changes soon
  13. Kerilyn

    THR new hip done!!!!

    Wooohooo! Took a walk down the hallway and back today. Did pretty well :biggrin: I had the anterior approach done and had read some concerns regarding numbness. I have a fair amount of numbness now. I spoke with my OS this morning about it. He said that it does happen and only time will tell...
  14. Kerilyn

    THR new hip done!!!!

    Sitting in my hospital room and thought id give an update before my next nap. (#51? Lol:biggrin: ) Surgery was at 730 am yesterday. It went well :yes 4: Ive been trying to keep pain management going until nurse Ratchet showed up for late night shift. I needed some additional meds at one...
  15. Kerilyn

    less than 24 hrs to New Hip

    Hi Everyone! Yikes less than 24 hrs and I will have my new hip! :dancy:Tomorrow morning at 730! It has been very helpful here at Bone Smart. I've learned a lot about what to expect and how to go about having a successful recovery. Thank you :hapydancsmil: I will keep you posted.
Back
Top Bottom