Recent content by KenUSA36

  1. K

    Revision TKR Revision is scheduled

    Is there somewhere on here where you list all 7 and what happened? You need a buy one get one deal at this point! Best of luck. You don’t deserve such misery
  2. K

    Stems - what’s the deal?

    Just wondering if anyone has extensive knowledge on stems. When and why do they use them? It seems first TKR they don’t use long stems unless they find bone problems. A revision tends to go towards stems. Does weight matter for using This scares me since I’ll need more than one in my...
  3. K

    TKR Frustrated with recent doctor visit

    I had an MRI done about 1.5 years ago. It showed various small tears like degenerative tears in the lateral compartment. Yeah NSAIDS can go pound sand. I use them occasionally, but I am absolutely not dosing daily on them. I already take omeprazole for acid reflux anyway. I find that...
  4. K

    TKR Frustrated with recent doctor visit

    Oh haha I didn’t realize you were going that way. Nah I decided to let myself totally go as a teenager then decided I should probably get it together.
  5. K

    TKR Frustrated with recent doctor visit

    PS probably doesn’t mean anything, but my ACL reconstruction tore again years ago. Bad knee has no ACL. It used to slip or give out on me, but in the last 2 years it hasn’t thanks to major commitment to leg strengthening. Docs actually say leaving it without an ACL is better due to arthritis...
  6. K

    TKR Frustrated with recent doctor visit

    In my younger years, I had two big swings in weight where I was as up to 360+. Since 2012 I’ve stayed under 320 and am just a tad over 300 now. You’re right I need to shed the weight. Losing 30-40 more may alleviate current symptoms slightly and put me in a much better position for future TKR...
  7. K

    TKR Frustrated with recent doctor visit

    Hopefully everyone can see that. It’s frustrating because there’s still space there. I feel I shouldn’t be complaining this much, but pain wise the knee feels a lot worse than that looks. The extra painful area is on the right side of the pic or my left outside. I’m sure walking on torn...
  8. K

    TKR Frustrated with recent doctor visit

    Thanks for the feedback everyone. It still blows my mind his total solution was nsaids. No talk about cortisone or lube shots, exercising and stretching, or losing weight. Hopefully he’ll retire soon. Every hospital system doesn’t like you trying to switch doctors in a group, and I really...
  9. K

    TKR Frustrated with recent doctor visit

    I need to upload my latest X-ray, but the good news is in about 20 months it hasn’t really changed. I’m not bone on bone, but my symptoms still stink. My knee hurts or aches frequently. I feel like some torn meniscus is in there causing me pain. I’m really sick of limping and this knee...
  10. K

    Checking in! 37.5yr old male 18mos after bad knee became horrible knee

    Thanks @Jamie I'm playing the long game and seeing some docs now. I want a plan in place and hopefully have my surgeon picked out before my knee turns to horrendous and I'm spending months doing the "leg work." I'm hoping if I have a great surgeon ready to go, then I'll be ready to maybe do...
  11. K

    osteoarthritis unloaders

    I use a Fusion OA Lateral brace that helps push my valgus knock knee back slightly mostly when I'm doing long walks or have a day where I'll be on my feet a lot. It's bulky like you say. I need to wear a pair of jeans 1 size up to fit them under. These things don't fit well under normal...
  12. K

    Any Philly folks here? Any recommendations for doctors at Penn Medicine?

    I searched the forums and saw Dr. Gwo-Chin Lee recommended. I've personally seen Dr. Hume, who I like. Considering another opinion from Dr. Israelite, who upon searching the net is really highly rated. I'm sure Penn's joint replacement docs are all top notch. Just looking for personal...
  13. K

    Checking in! 37.5yr old male 18mos after bad knee became horrible knee

    Appreciate the supporting comments. I'm currently at that point of the year where it's been 90 days since cortisone and 4.5 months since lube shots, so effectively nothing is in there working. I hate this gray area, but luckily I'm getting another cortisone shot soon. It feels like the...
  14. K

    Checking in! 37.5yr old male 18mos after bad knee became horrible knee

    How was it finding a doctor that would do the knee at 41? I know what you mean about life adjustments. Luckily, I didn't have to give up something like tennis or marathon running, but my life is different. I hate thinking about my knee every day, every step I take. I hate having to plan...
Back
Top Bottom