Recent content by Kentpete

  1. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    @Layla hi everything has been much better than I expected. I ditched crutches and cane after 2 weeks with no limp to speak of except when I overdo it. I started driving at the same time with no problems. Still taking ibruprophen when needed but not as often which is good and can even put on...
  2. K

    Should I postpone TKR due to ankle ulcer not completely closed?

    I think the quicker you get it done the quicker you are on the road to recovery, and who wants to recover in the winter when going outside is a danger in itself because of snow and ice. I understand the idea of using any perceived problem real or imagined to put off surgery (I had my hip...
  3. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Day 8: down to 1 crutch around the house and garden now, can walk with proper heel to toe with slight assistance from the crutch. Cutting out the tramadol and sticking with paracetamol from now on. Still get pain when I first stand up and takes a couple of limping steps before I can walk...
  4. K

    Bilateral THR Supersub’s recovery

    I have used travel insurance for pre existing medical conditions on many occasions and have never been asked if I use aids (walking stick etc) the only thing they ask is about oxygen for my breathing condition, I am in uk which may be different to the US
  5. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Day 5: pain situation seems to have stabilised 1, 50mg tramadol every 4 hours and constant icing lol. Got up this morning and made it downstairs and back up with no problem. No swelling but tender around incision and bum cheek still. So all in all feeling better and more positive :yay:
  6. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Totally agree lol I have the frame one that goes over toilet but bum cheek was too tender to sit on it lol
  7. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Hi fellow hippie @Mailman I was told that they never used the nerve blocker in the wound on me, something to do with me already having dvts in that leg! hopefully pain subsides in the next couple of days. How is your recovery going?
  8. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    I think its one of those you read other people's experiences after surgery, but until you are in that position you don't realise the pain levels that everyone goes through.
  9. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Yes got raised toilet seat and ice machine is permanently attached lol changed to tramadol see if that helps
  10. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Ok is this level of pain normal can't even sit on the toilet (lucky I can't go really) lol
  11. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Day 3, used ice machine all night quite pleased ice bottles lasted that long. Compression stockings had to go in the middle of the night felt like all my toe nails were suddenly ingrowing lol. Took co codamol every 4 hours and hasn't really done anything so now trying dihydocodeine pain is...
  12. K

    THR Thr 12 june

    Lthr all done spinal and sedation, which was great didn't know a thing, coding and paracetamol helping but still a dull ache. Surgeon said that head had totally collapsed from the avn so that explains the pain levels lol
  13. K

    THR Left thr 12th june

    1 day to go getting slightly nervous now never been in hospital before lol
  14. K

    THR Left thr 12th june

    I've bought a recliner for comfort downstairs, ice machine being delivered today. I'm thinking of a wedge pillow for bed and portable toilet for downstairs any thoughts? I'm also batch cooking like a demon lol
  15. K

    THR Left thr 12th june

    Finally got a date for lthr 12th june :yay:
Back
Top Bottom