Recent content by Kenello

  1. K

    Knee Infection* Need advice - knee infection

    My husband had a revision with an antibiotic-laced spacer in place for 3 months. He had a pic line, and we could manage administering antibiotics at home with the pic line. We would periodically go in to a clinic to be sure the pic line didn't move and to get more antibiotics. Although the...
  2. K

    I Canceled my TKR. Now I'm regretting it!

    I understand your hesitation, as I waited too long for my left TKR. I Was in extreme pain, and my leg was visibly crooked. Eufflexa injections had kept me going for 5 years, all that time bone on bone. Especially since the surgeon told you it would not fix your pain, certainly persue other...
  3. K

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    Congratulations on your new knee! So glad you are off to a good start!
  4. K

    And now the hip...

    @Hoppy Nanny and @Jaycey Thanks for the tips!
  5. K

    And now the hip...

    Getting a bit nervous about the new left hip surgery this Thursday. I think I need to do a bit more reading. I am most concerned that I will move wrong or sit in he wrong chair. Best suggestions for being comfortable? Thank You
  6. K

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    I will be having left hip replacement this Thursday, April 25! I have been doing a bit of reading, but need to do a bit more!
  7. K

    TKR Gen61's recovery thread

    My doctor prescribes Gabapentin for night pain. Best of luck!
  8. K

    TKR Kenello's TKR recovery

    I am now about 3 mos. out from my left total knee, and am feeling much more comfortable doing my daily activities, and feel I am getting my stamina back. The knee is still somewhat stiff with increased activities, so I still elevate and ice when I think I've overdone a bit. Just got back from...
  9. K

    TKR Kenello's TKR recovery

    Hi @Lilli215 I am tired of regularly being in some kind of pain, but my left hip is very painful, and I am looking forward to getting it replaced. I am banking on it being an easier recovery than the knee:) :-) (:and I also have to replace the right knee. That will wait a bit longer I hope...
  10. K

    TKR still at pain level 8<

    Oh ouch! That much PT and activity at pain level 6....not helpful. I did icing and elevating toes over nose all day long unless I was up. My pain level was mostly at a 2, or a 3 during pt. I know I was lucky, but if something caused me pain, I really limited that activity. Please stop...
  11. K

    Silly question I’m sure

    Yes, both of us, but the doc is proud of his low infection rate, and my hubby almost lost his leg due to infection after TKR with a different doc so we’re compliant. It’s part of a total packet of info everyone gets, so we are not insulted.
  12. K

    Silly question I’m sure

    My fingernails are bare, but my toes done most of the time. I (and my husband) has to Hibiclens shower AND change our bedsheets for 5 nights prior to surgery.
  13. K

    Silly question I’m sure

    Mine told me nice pedicure!
  14. K

    TKR Kenello's TKR recovery

    Hi All, I am now 6 weeks postop, and have been on this forum almost daily! It is soooo helpful to read others' experiences and the moderators' expertise, especially if I'm frustrated or bummed about perceived lack of progress. Overall I'm doing really well most days and can walk at least...
  15. K

    Pain control without opioids at all?

    I don’t know about the law per se, but was prescribed 40, and could have one refill within 2 weeks, but we had to go to the doc’s to get the scrip, but they could also mail it. Hopefully you can do Tylenol. It’s scary to anticipate being in terrible pain, but ice does wonders (my new best...
Back
Top Bottom