I'm 9 years postop for TAR. My surgeon told me from the start not to complain till after the first year. After the first year, I didn't limp anymore. I have no regrets about having the surgery. I still have a little bit of nerve issues but overall, it's much better than the pain I was in before.
I recommend looking into Gdefy.com for shoes to wear after ankle replacement. I had my right ankle replaced in 2014 after about 6 years I started to have pain in my heel bone and had an x-ray nothing was wrong medically. Dr. thought it was my flat-designed shoes causing my pain. I found Gdefy...
As of Friday Dec 9th, I'm 8 years post op for R TAR. Doing very well with it but lately I can't stand for very long on my foot. I'm right-handed so I tend to put my weight on my right side that causes pain in the heal bone. I have had x-rays the joint looks like the day it was put in. Overall...
My pain went away at about 10 months. I have a question about my knee when I sit for a period of time when I go to get up my knee just feels like it is rubbing against something inside. It doesn't cause any pain just makes a noise like it needs to be oiled up. Is this normal with a TKR...
I'm 16 months post-op most of my pain went away at the 10-month mark. Now if I sit with my knee at a 90* angle when I go to get up it just rubs inside like rubbing against something. There is no pain just sounds weird. Is this normal. During the summer I was able to walk my 10,000 steps with no...
I haven't been doing anything but normal things around my house. No exercise to speak of . Just trying to be able to sleep at night and was just starting to do that. Since the first episode of my knee hurting from being outside in the cold it has happened twice again just walking up or down...
I went out side for about 10 minutes when it was about 8* f came back in walked up one flight of steps ok went to walk up the second set and had to sit down on my steps. First time this happened. It felt like my whole knee joint cramped up. It lasted about 15 minuets.
I'M now 6 months post op just started to sleep well at night. I still have sharp pain on occasion that doesn't last very long. I live where it has been very cold the past couple of days any thoughts on cold weather and joint pain post op .
Tylenol 8 hr x2 650 mg at night before bed Ibuprofen x2 200 mg during the day as needed
ROM 141 and 5
Icing for 20 - 25 mins @ 4 times a day
Tonight is the first time I'M going to use the bed pillow it is a wedge shape with a flat top to rest my legs going to use it a long as I can...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.