Recent content by keefsmom

  1. keefsmom

    TKR Mepilex bandage

    Thank you!
  2. keefsmom

    TKR Mepilex bandage

    I am 5 and 3 years post op on my TKRs all is well Now, after 6 months of sciatic pain and very limited mobility ( and successful discectomy for herniated disc) I am finally feeling much better and able to sleep on my side again. This position has my knees somewhat bent and resting on each other...
  3. keefsmom

    TKR Mepilex bandage

    Four week post surgery update here...i am having a markedly different recovery with this right knee than i had with the left 3 years ago. I am gaining strength and range of motion like nobody's business, walking well with a cane, energy level almost back to normal, although I do usually fall...
  4. keefsmom

    TKR Mepilex bandage

    Just wanted to affirm that I survived removing the mepilex bandage today without fainting!:heehee: 30 staples, no discharge or bleeding so it’s not pretty but is healing just as it should. I’ll be happy when the staples come out on Monday tho! A note about PT. I really like the gentleman who has...
  5. keefsmom

    TKR Mepilex bandage

    thanks, celle, not the answer i was looking for but probably wise!
  6. keefsmom

    TKR Tomorrow is the day

    the waiting is definitely the hardest part as tom petty said! good luck, holding you in my thoughts!
  7. keefsmom

    TKR Mepilex bandage

    this is my first time with the mepilex bandage, which they applied at the hospital upon my discharge. In brief, i love not having to see the staples, the bandage is adhering well, no bleeding or discharge around the edges = no worries about wound care (a subject my husband and I obsessed over...
  8. keefsmom

    TKR Mepilex bandage

    First day home after TKR to match the left, done in 2017. Experience seems quite different but I’m doing ok. Home Pt just left and he was much more gentle than his predecessor so that’s great! Just knowing y’all are out there is a big relief! Patty
  9. keefsmom

    TKR Patty's Long-awaited TKR

    Hi all, I made it into the recovery side! Things feel a bit different this time I think because this right knee was so bad that I did NOTHING on that leg for a long time so it the whole leg, from hip to knee is hurting just from daily activity. Really sore quads and ligaments on inside of knee...
  10. keefsmom

    TKR Patty's Long-awaited TKR

    More than ready for this one, rescheduled from March to August 11!
  11. keefsmom

    TKR outpatient TKR

    hello friends, i was scheduled to have an inpatient RTKR on March 13 that was cancelled. a story for another time! at any rate, my surgeon who did my LTKR 3 years ago is operating from an outpatient surgery center at the same hospital. i am desperate to get this surgery going, they have not...
  12. keefsmom

    2020 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    Hi everyone! Finally getting TKR on right knee March 17. Left TKR May of 2017. Here’s to a matching pair of functional knees in 2020!
  13. keefsmom

    TKR One year kneeversary

    Thanks for the merge @pumpkin, I’m pretty rusty on the posting dynamics!
  14. keefsmom

    TKR One year kneeversary

    a brief update on my ltkr which was one year old on May 23! It’s hard to believe, honestly, what’s even harder to believe is that I’m feeling a little sentimental when I look back at this time last year! I had a really easy couple of weeks post op (lucky me) and realize now how nice it was to...
  15. keefsmom

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    One of my toilets has an elevated seat, one doesn't. I can do either but I use the elevated one when I feel like treating myself. Talk about a sad life!!!
Back
Top Bottom