Recent content by Keecamp

  1. Keecamp

    Shoulder Replacement - Done!

    @slykat48 Great to hear from you. I will keep in mind that general anesthesia is best and worked for you. I would rather sleep right through the surgery. I was very nervous before going into the operating room. They also opted to go with that procedure because of my pre-existing medical...
  2. Keecamp

    Shoulder Replacement - Done!

    @slykat48 hey! I'm replying to your thread because I felt compelled to reach out to you since I am young as well (just turned 26 this month), I live in Quebec, Canada, I underwent my first Total Hip Replacement at your age and I'm living with a life long-chronic illness called Sickle Cell...
  3. Keecamp

    THR Young - mid 20s - 3 year anniversary

    Hi @Jaycey, thank you for your feedback. I'm fearing getting AVN in my second hip now. I just went for an X-Ray yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Keecamp

    THR Young - mid 20s - 3 year anniversary

    @Josephine thank you so much for your feedback! You've put my worried mind to ease by reassuring me that modern THR last approximately 30+ years (which is a longer time frame than I was told/anticipated) . I was told that physical activity can determine how soon a patient has to re-do the THR...
  5. Keecamp

    THR Young - mid 20s - 3 year anniversary

    Hi all, It's been a longtime since I last posted anything on this forum. I use to read all the posts about LTHR in 2014. I have an inherited blood disease called Sickle Cell Anemia and I developed AVN in my left hip, which began at 14 years of age. Due to my health condition my hip bone was...
  6. Keecamp

    THR Wondering if I'm doing well or moving too fast

    @Bigmike228 Hey I just read your story and that you're recovering quickly. Well that's great news! :) I did my THR almost 1.5 years ago at 22 years old. I also had AVN and had the same procedure as you so I can relate. Everyone told me that because I'm so young that I'd recover quickly. In my...
  7. Keecamp

    THR 1 year post-op

    @ Jamie Thank you for merging my threads into one. I don't know how to find my previous threads. I also want to thank you for your advice about the swelling I get after work. I will start the gym as of next week so hopefully it will help me with my problem. :) Sent from my iPhone using...
  8. Keecamp

    THR 1 year post-op

    @gazelle7777 Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, I wasn't sure where to find them. I will look into these compression socks. After I finished work today, as expected my ankles were swollen. I find my non-operated leg swells more then the operated one, I find I still out...
  9. Keecamp

    THR 1 year post-op

    @gazelle7777 How long have you been wearing your compression socks? I'm wondering if I should get some but I'm not sure since its been a whole year since my surgery. I elevate on days when my feet, ankles and knees are in pain from all the swelling but that's about it. Sent from my iPhone...
  10. Keecamp

    Waking in recovery

    I was suppose to get a spinal but due to a prior health condition they decided it would be best to give me general anesthesia. It felt like I took a nap, but hours had past. I lost a lot of blood so my surgery took longer than expected since they had to give me blood transfusions. However I...
  11. Keecamp

    THR 1 year post-op

    @Dashinghippie Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I didn't think of bringing a pillow to sit on at work but that's actually a good idea. And yes something as simple as sitting is a whole new experience after a hip replacement. I still get sore sometimes or if the seat it too high I...
  12. Keecamp

    THR 1 year post-op

    Hi all, It's been a few months since I came on here. I felt such a sense of community amongst others who've had hip replacements was a comforting feeling. Especially being a person in their 20s going through such a major operation. So I thank you all I recently started a new job about 1.5...
  13. Keecamp

    THR 1 year post-op

    @Josephine I haven't heard of it either other than that time 2 years ago, that's why I asked if anyone else knows more about it. I never went back to see that doctor so I'm just as curious as you are. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Keecamp

    THR 4 years ago today I had a right hip replacement

    Great 4 year post op thread! Glad to know that it all gets pretty much back to normal (I'm only 7 months post op) I'm just wondering what is the Amoxicillan for? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. Keecamp

    THR 1 year post-op

    @Josephine I remember being told that from a doctor about 2 years ago (not my surgeon who actually did my THR). That's the way he explained it to me. That they do not replace your bone and put a replacement...instead they protect your bone from further damage with this "mesh" on top of it which...
Back
Top Bottom