Recent content by Kdubs

  1. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Well folks. It’s official. Played 2 hours of pickleball Sunday. Last PT evaluation on Monday. Released from ortho on Tuesday. Still working hard to get the left quad to 100% strength. Knee is virtually pain free. I can do everything I want. :). Thanks for all your encouragement.
  2. K

    TKR Still swelling

    I was there as well. Torn quad tendon in week 6. Partial tear didn’t require surgery. DId require 6 weeks immobilized and then gradual ROM. LTKR on 8 Sep. Fell on 13 Oct. About to graduate from PT the end of January. It sucks to go backwards. But you can do this. Hit me up if you have...
  3. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Pickleball took me to the OS as well. Because I wanted to continue to play. It was just too painful after a few hours of play. So I went to the surgeon and got it fixed. If it wasn’t for pickleball I’d still be limping thru life. Lol
  4. K

    TKR TKR Recovery (Newbie)

    Congrats on your new knee. On your way to an improved quality of life. My advice is stay on your pain meds. Even when you start to think you don’t need them, take them regularly. Especially for the first week or 2. I set my alarm in case I actually fell asleep so I wouldn’t miss them...
  5. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Hello folks. It’s been over a month. I can’t believe how fast time has gone by. I’ve had nothing but good news. Managed to get completely out of the brace a few weeks ago. Knee is feeling great with no issues. Haven’t measured ROM for a couple weeks but I was at 0-125. I know it’s more...
  6. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    I appreciate y’all. It’s so valuable to be able to communicate with people that get it. I’m not gonna lie. The first 4 weeks in that immobilizer was one long pity party for me. I was sad. I put myself there and couldn’t stop beating myself up for falling. But the sun kept coming up and I...
  7. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Just a little note for everyone about ROM. I’ve been in an immobilizer and lock out brace for 6weeks. Virtually no bending. Over the last week I started gentle stretching. At PT today we measured it at 0 degrees and 103 degrees. I was at 1 and 120 when I went into the brace. Natural...
  8. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Thanks!! I’ve just been Sittin around healing. Kinda boring but I think it’s working. Started some light stretching. Walking with the lock out brace at 30 degrees. See the doc on Tuesday then start PT on the 29th. I’m sooooooo ready!!! Hope you’re happy, healthy and on track.
  9. K

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Keep on moving forward. The solution might not be less beer….maybe more?? :). Love the way you’re managing your own recovery. Keep after it.
  10. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Hey y’all. I haven’t been around much. I’ve been trying to let this tendon heal. Saw the ortho on Thursday. Things look good. I can do straight leg raise unbraced and can do a leg extension with little pain. They put me in the lock out brace with 30 degrees ROM. Walking with cane. The quad...
  11. K

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Love the updates. And the chili!! Keep after it!!
  12. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Good evening folks. Great news! No surgery. Spoke with my Ortho today. The MRI shows the tear is mostly muscle and a little tendon. He consulted with two other orthos in his practice. Consensus is no surgery. I’ll stay in the immobilizer for another week for a total of 3 weeks. Appt with...
  13. K

    TKR Earth2Lise Knee #1

    Hey Earth2lise, Sorry it’s been bumpy for you. It’s diff for everybody. Stay the course and know there are better days ahead!! You got this!!!
  14. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    Hey folks!! My ortho is out of town. The PA was prepped to hand me off to another surgeon if it was a total tear that was retracting. The good news is it wasn’t retracting so no need for a quick surgery. I have a partial tear near where the muscle turns to tendon in my thigh. She says it...
  15. K

    TKR Sep 8th LTKR recovery

    MWA….I like it!! it was scary but no time to think about it. Lol So I got the MRI results online. Have yet to see surgeon. Looks like the knee is good. No issues with mcl, patellar or quad tendon at the knee. The thigh is a diff story: There is disruption of the distal myotendinous junction...
Back
Top Bottom