Recent content by Kazza22

  1. K

    THR Leg lengths at week 3

    Hi. I had a longer leg after my second THR and really worried about it. Consultant and physio both said, give it 4 months. Apparently it takes a long time for your brain to get used to the new normal, it thought your legs were ok before and now, altho you're even, your brain tells you it's...
  2. K

    THR 35 THR Needed

    Hi. I was 49 and 50 for my hip replacements having been diagnosed with hip dysplasia causing the bone on bone. Tbh, I would've loved to have been offered the ops earlier (constant pain and poor mobility started at 43) but NHS funding and COVID meant it was a long process. Think of the...
  3. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Thank you @Layla
  4. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    No, I haven't. Still use ice packs sometimes on my buttock but not sure why I haven't tried it on my groin. Will give it a go. Did your pain just wear off after a few days?
  5. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    I don't think I've done anything, certainly nothing major that I felt pain at the time. The pain is always there, I'm able to walk still, if anything, it's worse when I'm sitting/lying down
  6. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Hi everyone. I'm 4 months post LHR and things are generally improving but in the past week, I'm getting discomfort/some pain in my groin. Do you think this is anything to worry about? I don't think I've done anything to damage it and haven't had groin pain at all since the op but it's very...
  7. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Thanks Layla xx
  8. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Thank you for the title change, that's fab. Indeed, the change perfectly reflects how I'm feeling now...not yet 100% but recovering
  9. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Thank you @Layla. I thought it was important to share as I had found the first 8-10 weeks hard going and it is worrying when you feel things aren't improving. I still can't walk for miles but I'm getting there, my muscles were in such a mess due to years of problems but they're definitely...
  10. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Hi everyone. Just thought I'd give an update on my recovery now I'm 12 weeks post LTHR. The last two weeks have seen some good improvement - I'm off the oxycodone and just take 2 tramadol early evening which lasts me pretty much 24hours! As per my PT's advice, I keep the duvet off my lower...
  11. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Hi @Jockette. I had a hip replacement, not knee, the knee pain/weakness has just started this week. I'm really not overdoing it, pt, at home exercises or even walking. I've had pain and limited mobility for 5+ years due to this and my previous hip replacement so an old hand at 'taking it...
  12. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Thankyou for the link. My pt did tell me to do stretches with a towel which I am doing, and does relieve the pain just after doing them but night time gets really bad
  13. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Thankyou for the instructions, think it's using my phone not laptop so don't get both toolbars. Know now though. So, I'm 10 weeks post LTHR now. Definitely some improvements but sleep is still very disrupted, mainly from calf aches/pain. PT says I've got compression of sciatic nerve junction...
  14. K

    THR Kazza22's Recovery

    Hi. I would like to ask a question, I think I'm meant to add it to be ongoing thread but can't seem to find "me", lol. Been looking on my phone for 10 minutes. How do you post and do I need to add it to my thread? If so, how can I do this quickly? Sorry for being a technophobe!!
  15. K

    THR Pain

    Hi. I'm 9 weeks post LTHR and still in a lot of pain but more muscular than at the hip. The worst pain is in my calf and, like you, I haven't slept for longer than 2hour blocks since the op, it really is very draining isn't it! (Especially now back at work). My physio explained that, during...
Back
Top Bottom