Recent content by kayakker

  1. K

    TKR 5 months down the line...

    I had mine 12/18/23 and still have stiffness and random sore spots but seeing improvement. I think, for me, walking is the best rehab and consistency matters. I also benefit from gentle stretching (not my favorite), a a soak in my hot tub.
  2. K

    TKR Seven weeks out on first tkr

    Thank you for being here! Knee number two has significantly improved as I have focused on heel-to-toe walking and balance between both legs. I may try a gel injection if it gets to hurting before the wedding but I feel safe to say I can get through this year without surgery. Thank heavens! I...
  3. K

    TKR Thank Goodness I Only have Two Knees!

    @selketine ...How's the foot? I have the exact same thing and, while it is painful, it is more an anxiety issue for me.. I've had both hips and one knee replaced and am so afraid osteoarthritis is going to take over every bone in my body. I touch the top of my foot right where my toes attach...
  4. K

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    Heading into week 12 and my foot on my new knee leg is so painful. I purchased some high end insoles last week ($50) to help support the arch in my foot and hopefully alleviate some of the pain in my toes. Really working on heel-to-toe steps and making sure my knees are pointing straight ahead...
  5. K

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    Wow! Sometimes, I read these posts and feel like I could have written them! The toothache...Yes, I had the same before my surgery and dentist found no issues with the tooth. I was so worried I would have to put off my surgery to have the tooth addressed. Now, 11 weeks post op, the tooth is...
  6. K

    TKR Seven weeks out on first tkr

    Thank you all for the info/support. My knee is actually doing very well. At two months, I am sleeping normally (thank goodness) and doing two - three hours of out-and-about including a trip to the Y for 15 minutes on the stationary bike then a few laps on the track (1/2mile). This level of...
  7. K

    TKR Week 13 Flexion

    My right knee was done 12/18 and I'm counting myself at begining my 10th week. If yours was done November 9, wouldn't you be more like starting your 15th week?
  8. K

    TKR Seven weeks out on first tkr

    Ok...after reading the posts, I'm thinking it's not worth the risk. As I read about the sensitivity of post surgical nerves, I realized that's what I'm feeling on the outside of my knee. I describe it as feeling like there is tape on my skin and I am pulling on it. Kind of a burning, sharp...
  9. K

    TKR Seven weeks out on first tkr

    AnnYo, thank you for your understanding. I tried an injection on my other knee (operated knee) and it didn’t work. That knee was in pretty bad shape. Lots of people here get a pre-op injection called Iovera. It freezes the nerves and they are numbed for up to 3 months. Has anyone on here...
  10. K

    TKR 8 months out

    Very tough, for sure! I had mine 12.18.23 and am, today, 8 weeks out. I was running 4 miles easily in April and, by September, I could barely walk a block. I had both hips replaced (ages:50 and 54) and there is absolutely no comparison. I walked a mile my first week after THR. Friday, I...
  11. K

    TKR 4 week from TKR - feeling behind

    Four weeks out was when I hit my lowest point physically and mentally. I over did it by going to Bunko (mainly just sitting but lasted 3 hours) and was in so much pain for a couple of days. It overwhelmed me and, like you, I questioned why on earth I had done this. I have learned this just...
  12. K

    TKR Seven weeks out on first tkr

    Thank you so much for that feedback, Benne68. I have an appointment later this month to focus on a plan for the left knee. If I could just have the summer to fully recoup, by fall (after the wedding) I could be good to go!! I will look at the link on how to use this site... thanks.
  13. K

    TKR Seven weeks out on first tkr

    I had my right knee done on Dec. 18, 23. I noticed before the surgery that the left knee was giving me the same, familiar pinch the my right knee had. I really wanted to have some time between the left and right but, my daughter is getting married on Sept. 21, 24 and must get things in shape...
  14. K

    TKR 7 weeks done the line

    Hi- My RTKR was done Dec 18, 23, and my knee is very stiff after sitting. Every day I reflect on the day before…considering what I did right or wrong depending on the level of discomfort I’m experiencing. I’m starting to think it’s just up and down regardless of my activity the previous day...
  15. K

    TKR Seven weeks out on first tkr

    Right THR 8/2012 Left THR 10/2016 Thanks!!
Back
Top Bottom