Recent content by Kay NY

  1. K

    THR Doing Great

    Pag, I'm about a week ahead of you, my surgery was 5/14. Many differences in what you and I have gone through, but at this point I know that I'm still mending, and not as far along as I'd like to be. I had mine done with the anterior approach, and for me I had very little pain and no hip...
  2. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    No need to be sorry. I have been icing 3 times a day with a unit called Game Ready, which is both cooling and compression. What I had not been doing a very good job with was elevating, thinking that icing so much was in place of elevation. So with a couple of days of elevation,my knee pain...
  3. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    OK, day after tomorrow, I'll be 4 weeks. 3 days ago I saw my physical therapist, at least the guy who helps with exercises. I was still not able to bear weight on my leg because of knee pain. He said, ' you've got swelling on your knee ' are you elevevating? Well, I had not been elevating...
  4. K

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Kiwigirl ... try this link ... https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Medicare-Provider-Charge-Data/Inpatient.html
  5. K

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Kiwigirl, Hi. I became very interested in the topic of cost, as my insurance here in New York does not cover all hospitals and doctors. Bordering on obcessive, I started to ask a lot of questions, trying to figure out what my cost, after insurance was going to be. While I don't know yet, it's...
  6. K

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Zauberflote and Kiwigirl -- thanks for your responses. I have this prescription from my OS for www.gameready.com. - which is a sleeve for my hip which dispenses compression and circulates cold water, really cool. It isolates the hip, and sort of pushes remaining swelling down my leg to my...
  7. K

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Hi Kiwigirl. I had my anterior method RTHR May 14. Things have been great except for knee pain, which is keeping me on crutches. Some here have prompted me to increase my dosing of Acetominiphens which I am doing. Still, knee pain prevents me from walking without aid, or even with a cane...
  8. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    Thanks Sharon. My wife has been after me as well to take more tylenol.
  9. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    3 weeks today for me, and I still have this knee pain keeping me on a crutch. Sometimes it seems I can put most of my weight on my surgical leg, other times most of it goes on the crutch. Taking only 1 tylenol in the morning and at night. Feel good other wise. Moving around well, doing an...
  10. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    Thanks for the advice guys, I'm a believer. After doing a half hour on the bike yesterday we went to a friends 60th b day party and I was on my feet, with cane that is, for the better part of 2 hours. Good to be moving in a crowd and I felt good. This morning, though, I'm sore and will use...
  11. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    Just checking in. I'm 17 days post op, saw my doctor 3 days ago. Still have some thigh pain and burning when I walk. My doctor described my thigh pain as follows ... Think of sticking a pencil into a straw. You're leg is the straw and the part just below the end of the pencil is bearing the...
  12. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    Thanks all. Much good advice/links here. Patience is hard but necessary.
  13. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    Thanks Littlemac, my thigh burns seem to be getting a bit better. And Josephine, I realized that I was doing too much when it hurt a bit using a cane. I stopped and went back to both crutches. I will definitely not push myself if it hurts. Will be going out in a bit, I'll see how it feels...
  14. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    I had home visits from a PT for 4 days. My exercises are 'bed' exercises. Heel slides, quad pushes - ie, pushing down on something below my knee to activate the quad, glute squeezes. Also, standing, I lift my knee, and raise my heel behind me. Other than that, up until a couple of days...
  15. K

    THR 11 Days Post Op

    Hi, I am new to this thread. I am 11 days post op. Had a RTHR anterior method as day surgery, home by 3:30. Took pain meds for 48 hours, then just,Tylenol. In spite of my really rapid early progress just after my surgery, I tried to make the jump from crutches to a cane after 5 days. Not a...
Back
Top Bottom