Recent content by kattyaz

  1. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Thank you. Now it is almost 3 months . I have been awol just dealing with daily life. I really don’t have any updates to share. My knee is healing nicely. I still have a little numbness that is slowly going away. I don’t have any swelling or other issues that are concerning. If I over my daily...
  2. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Hello Yesterday was 6 weeks since my surgery. Today I had an appointment with my OS’s PA. He said I was a poster child for TKR success. My x-rays were good, and there were no measurements taken as he could see the range of motion. He also told me to extend my walking slowly. Walk up the street...
  3. kattyaz

    TKR I’m joining the TKR recovery community :-)

    Congratulations I also had my left knee replaced on the 13th. I stopped using my walker after two weeks while in the house. If you want to ride a bike for 20 minutes a day do only 5 minutes 4 times a day. It’s less stressful on the knee. Per my PT
  4. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Hi It has been five weeks, and I am doing well. I am driving myself now since I am off the pain meds and my husband is happy he is no longer my chauffeur! I stopped going to PT as I can do the exercises at home, I just need to start. I walk around the house and yard but I really need to get out...
  5. kattyaz

    TKR Ice Machine Recommendation?

    I rented a Game Ready ice/compression machine for two weeks. It cost about $350. I thought it was worth it and that it was beneficial to my recovery.
  6. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Progress is going well. My surgery was 3 weeks ago today. My post op appointment was good, my bend was 121. I can walk around the house without my walker but my PT wants me to focus and walk slowly and correctly. I feel I tend to lumber about instead of walking, something I attribute to pre hip...
  7. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    I have been taking it easy by just way around the house. I had PT Thursday and Friday so my knee has been a little sore. Today I did some heel slides and leg straightening and leg lifts while lying in bed. In a bit I will try some heel slide while in a chair. Everything seems to be going well...
  8. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    I am slowly getting this concept!
  9. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Good evening I had PT today and it was great. I am told I am healing well and at a good pace. I can bend at 90 and straighten my leg. I am required to use the walker until I see my OS on the 28th. I do ditch it when I am walking around the kitchen. The knee massage is Devine! I changed bed...
  10. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    I do not have the sit around and do nothing gene. It bothers me, so I did a little walk out back this morning. I added some chemicals to the pool and picked up dog poop. not too much movement I am icing for the third time today and it feels great
  11. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Good morning Well apparently I did overdo it yesterday! my knee really blew up overnight. I did not have it elevated and that may have contributed to the swelling. I could not get comfortable elevation last night so I ditched the pillow. Today is rest, ice, and compression! I will use the...
  12. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Hi lovetocookanssew. I am most definitely still on meds! I am trying to pace myself and I hope not to have angry knee tomorrow. I do have a high pain tolerance compared to a lot of people I know. So I may do more than others would. I will keep track of my activities and possible reactions.
  13. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Hi sistersinhim. I feel I am taking it easy. I am not pushing myself nor causing pain. I appreciate the Bonesmart way and want to improve.
  14. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    Today was a personal care day. Took a nice shower after wrapping my knee in plastic wrap. Felt wonderful. Then I did a couple of loads of laundry and emptied the dishwasher. My work it was 10 heel slides while in bed, 10 quad sets of using the muscle to straighten the knee, and 10 long arc quad...
  15. kattyaz

    TKR katty’s recovery

    I had PT today and it went very well. The knee massage was great to relax the joint. I did some slides and leg lift with assistance. I will do some home workouts this weekend. I am please so far.
Back
Top Bottom