Recent content by Katt

  1. K

    TKR One year on! Where should l be?

    I'm 14 months out and don't have knee pain anymore. However, both feet hurt on the top( especially on the knee replacement side) and I'm still not going for long walks with my husband as I had hoped. I'm definitely more mobile than I was. Just not where I'd hoped to be.
  2. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    I still have some fibula issues, but they are slowly getting better. I did physical therapy for 3 months, but we backed way off anything painful around 2 months. I do some of my PT exercises several times/week. I feel the pulling in my fibula with certain activities-especially riding the bike. I...
  3. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    I think this is part of my healing process. I am hopeful it is a brief time. I had problems with my other foot several years ago that took months to resolve. I guess I need to rest because apparently my body (or at least my foot) needs it.
  4. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    So I went to the dr today. I have bone spurs( which I knew about) and a ganglion cyst on the top of my foot. She put me in a walking boot to try to take the pressure off the cyst and recommends ice and rest. If not better, go back in 1-2 weeks. I wonder if the surgery plays a part in this...
  5. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    I have been doing fairly well with my knee. Still wearing a compression sleeve, etc, but not a lot of complaints. I'm past the 4 month mark and 3 days ago the top of my foot( same side as my knee replacement) has become very painful if I walk at all. I'm icing and trying to take it easy. I did...
  6. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    I graduated from PT today. My ROM was 98 and he could have pushed it to 100. Extension was -1. So my ROM increased 10° in the last month after we backed off some of the exercises( It had decreased due to swelling at that point) and my extension went from-4 to -1 after we backed off the painful...
  7. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    Thanks for rhe function numbers. I'm at least 95 because I sit and stand comfortably. I can't wait for my swelling to subside and to pack away my compression sleeve.
  8. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    My physical therapist said today I may be at 100 ROM or less. He stopped measuring me weeks ago. He said we aren't looking at numbers, but are looking at functionality. I went up and down the stairs for him. And have no limp. He is very happy with where I am and so am I. Thanks to this forum...
  9. K

    TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

    Thanks for asking about my recovery. I am seeing some positives. I started sleeping in bed around 10 weeks. A $10 body pillow made a big difference. My sleep has mostly improved and I'm thankful for that. I can do stairs normally, but it is not easy. My bend hasn't greatly improved and swelling...
  10. K

    TKR Something isn’t right..

    For me, sleep deprivation made things much harder. I slept poorly until about 10 weeks and despaired daily. My ROM is still in the 90s at 12 weeks. While I would like it to be better, I also am still swollen plus having IT band issues. So I am forced to be more patient than normal. So thankful...
  11. K

    TKR Sleeping at night

    I finally started sleeping better ( and back in my bed) around 10 weeks. I found a body pillow made a huge difference.
  12. K

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    I'm 11 weeks too. I cleaned the house Tuesday and did errands Wednesday. Today my knee has been tight and swollen and I needed a nap. My ROM is moving at a snail's pace. I know exactly how you feel. I'm actually glad to see this post because I said I wonder if there is something wrong with my...
  13. K

    TKR Oh my aching.....

    Sometimes the wins are small. We went to Sam's at 3 weeks and it was overwhelming and stressful. We went today and it felt pretty much normal. While my knee was stiff and uncomfortable, it wasn't painful. Maybe tonight we will both enjoy the miracle of sleep.
  14. K

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. We sound similar. My bend is between 85 and 93 depending on the day. My sleep is a fond memory and I have been an insomniac for years. I backed off on any painful exercises and am concentrating on walking and some gentle stretches. I don't take many pain meds, but could...
  15. K

    TKR Oh my aching.....

    I had my right knee done the same day and am still swollen and having sleep issues so you aren't alone. I have been able to sleep in bed more recently which is an improvement over the recliner, but I use the term sleep loosely. Comfort is a memory for now. I use Advil sparingly due to digestive...
Back
Top Bottom