Recent content by Kathton

  1. Kathton

    TKR Your reasons for getting TKR

    Seeing my x-rays convinced me ... even though I was fairly mobile and wasn't in excruciating pain, it clearly wasn't going to get better so I didn't feel there was any choice if I wanted an active future. My joint replacements changed my life :)
  2. Kathton

    TKR Knee clicking

    Me too :heehee: I had my second TKR in January '24, and the 'clunk' started 5 weeks later. No pain, just a click at every step. I was horrified and thought I wouldn't be able to live with it even though there was no pain involved, but now, 10 months later, I've reached the stage where I don't...
  3. Kathton

    Bilateral TKR Depression/cramps

    Hello CareBear - I can't offer any advice, but I do know exactly what you're talking about. I had just one of those muscle spasms a week after my TKR...unbelievable agony. I had some of the liquid morphine left that the hospital had sent me home with, and even that didn't take away the pain. I...
  4. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Thank you, everyone - you've been really helpful. I've been sitting on a hot water bottle, and rolling around on a spiky ball :heehee: and I'm pleased to report that things are slowly but definitely improving. I can now sit down without wanting to stand up again straight away. Jday, I'm so...
  5. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Thanks, benne68 - could we change it to "Pain in the buttock" please. :loll:
  6. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    That's really helpful - I did consider sciatica and read up a bit about it. My physio gave me some loosening stretches to release tension in the lower back, but didn't actually say the word, "sciatica". So there doesn't have to be any pain down the leg for it to be the sciatic nerve? Thank you...
  7. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    I had my second TKR (left) 4 weeks ago, and have had been experiencing a really uncomfortable ache in my left buttock whenever I sit down. It's finally showing signs of improving, but I wondered whether anyone else had had this problem (it happened when I had the other knee done, but not to the...
  8. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    It's me ... :heehee: And the happiest of Christmas wishes to you too! x
  9. Kathton

    TKR Michele's RTKR recovery journey

    Layla - is there another thread discussing this topic? I did a search but nothing came up (I've experienced it after both my ops).
  10. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Another update ... We took the broken VPulse machine apart to find out what was going on, and discovered a blockage between the pump and the pipe circulating the water to the pad. There is a moulded plastic unit that separates the in/out water flow where the water goes through a circular...
  11. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Thanks for all the advice, everyone! Update: The UK reseller (Joint Operations) has offered to send me an ex demo model which is really generous of them. Still no luck with the US company so I'm still unimpressed with their customer service, but I'm delighted that I'll have a functioning...
  12. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Ha! I hope you're doing well :dancy:
  13. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Thanks for the welcome and your commiserations, Jockette. I must say, I'm pretty peeved - these machines aren't cheap, and to only offer a 3 month guarantee doesn't inspire confidence ... My husband's actually a great fettler, and is dying to take it apart :heehee:
  14. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Thanks for that, Mendogal. The PDF is just the operational instructions - nothing about fixing it when it's broken :) I have contacted the parent company - Breg - but as yet, they haven't got back to me (I'm in the UK, so toll free isn't much help!). I rang the UK reseller and they were...
  15. Kathton

    TKR Pain in the buttocks

    Hello. I'm a new member, and I've found this forum incredibly helpful (I had a THR in August and RTKR 8 weeks ago). I bought a VPulse machine for the knee op and it was fabulous - I loved the compression, and it really helped with pain relief/swelling. However ... the unit that has stopped...
Back
Top Bottom