Recent content by KateLynn

  1. K

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Right TSR April 24, 2024

    So… six weeks out from the total shoulder replacement I tripped over our dog and severed my rotator cuff as well as dislocated the shoulder joint. Had to go back into surgery two weeks later to remove the total shoulder replacement and replace it with a reverse. This is much more difficult of...
  2. K

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Right TSR April 24, 2024

    I do have a regular cloth sling. I’m going to give them a call in the morning.
  3. K

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Right TSR April 24, 2024

    Is it normal to feel a popping sensation when I am leaning forward? 5 days post op. The sling I was given, does not wrap around my waist to hold my arm in so when I bend at all or move forward, my arm can float away from my body. That’s when I’m feeling this popping type sensation maybe clicking...
  4. K

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Right TSR April 24, 2024

    So I had my total shoulder replacement on Tuesday and have gained 10 pounds. How can that be? I’m not eating much.
  5. K

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Right TSR April 24, 2024

    Regular total shoulder replacement. I do have some issues with my rotator cuffs as well as some other things, but he felt that it was best to leave what he could, and restore the shoulder joint since it is severely arthritic/bone on bone..
  6. K

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Right TSR April 24, 2024

    Slightly over a year out from bilateral single surgery TKR’s, I am scheduled for TSR on right with left side probable after recovery. Urgg!
  7. K

    TKR Iovera, yes or no?

    I had a simultaneous bilateral TKR on Jan 20!
  8. K

    Bilateral TKR Doing beautifully 4.5 months out, then….

    So I’ve been told I had a really remarkable recovery from simultaneous bilateral TKR. Went to bed last evening feeling perfectly fine and woke up at 1 AM with searing pain in my left knee. It’s very swollen and could barely walk on it. I can walk on it now a bit better, but there’s pain...
  9. K

    Bilateral TKR Doing beautifully 4.5 months out, then….

    I lost 30 lbs before surgery and 20 more since. I need to lose 20 more to hit my goal weight for the first time and three decades I think I’ve just plateaued and I am using a recumbent bike and walking as well as continuing to eat a healthy and diverse diet. I’ve never had a problem with sugar...
  10. K

    Bilateral TKR Doing beautifully 4.5 months out, then….

    So, I’m 3 + months into my simultaneous bilateral knee replacements and my primary tells me if I want to lose an additional 20 lbs I should be doing HIIT or SIT training. I called my son who does CrossFit and his response was are you serious? I have two new knees, osteoarthritis in both...
  11. K

    Bilateral TKR Doing beautifully 4.5 months out, then….

    Thank you all so much for the encouraging feedback. I so much appreciate you all. It’s nice to be able to come on here and get answers from people who have been there done that.
  12. K

    Bilateral TKR Doing beautifully 4.5 months out, then….

    Almost 6 weeks post. Flexion is at 115 and 116 but I feel after exercise like the upper part of my leg stiffens up. Trying to do as well as I can and terrified I’m not doing enough. I might be reaching that panic and for no reason depressive stage. I’m not taking any pain medicine but really...
Back
Top Bottom