Recent content by Jules2716

  1. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    Hey @Layla, all good, can’t believe we have our boy back! No pain, no crutches, no pain meds, back at college this week, they didn’t know who he was, all they have known is him on crutches! It was lovely to see. Surgeon was very happy, a little surprised I think. I am sooooo thankful for all...
  2. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    Hey @Layla four weeks post op, proving a challenge, he feel great, wants to get back to college, driving, doing all the normal things an 18 year old should be doing! I am feeling alittle bit over protective as not wanting to let him do anything just yet! Am I being silly? :what: It is only 4...
  3. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    Hi @Layla , @Mojo333 and @Jackie222 , just a quick update on my boy! Clips out today, all looking good, healing really well, although he did pass out at the doctors surgery just after! :scaredycat:A lot more comfortable so another stage of recovery achieved, bring it on! At home now in the...
  4. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    Hi @Jackie222 and @Hippielife Today he has turned the corner, yesterday wasn’t good, he was quite low, couldn’t get comfy, no matter how he sat or laid down, nights weren’t great as he was up about 4 time for the toilet. Last night he only woke at 6 am for a wee, so today he is nearly the Old...
  5. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    Hi @Jackie222 thanks for asking, not great today, day 6, feeling a little fed up being in, only being able to sit or lie on the right side, slight itch (healing) feeling of the wound (ice helps with that). He doesn’t seem to want to eat much, or fancy anything. The sun was out for a bit...
  6. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    Thanks guys, Mojo333, he had posterior approach, I have been getting him to sit on a cold pack, but he doesn’t like the elevation of his leg, :shrug: so I am being guided by him, he just spoke to his grandad on the phone and said, the only discomfort is the clips in the wound, NO MORE PAIN...
  7. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    Thanks guys, bit confused about the elevation, he is sitting with feet on a stool equal height to this bottom, I have had a look at the link and feel I need specific THR elevation, sorry, bit blonde ‍♀️ DONT want to do him harm by lack of knowledge!
  8. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    He’s home - Day Three, more “do nots” than “do”! From what I have read this is normal, any tips welcome.
  9. Jules2716

    THR Operation THR today

    So my son, Josh (18 years old) is in surgery as I type, I’ve had a slight wobble, but knowing this is going to be the making of him, hopping to dip in here for help with his recovery, thank you for all the support so far on his journey. Looking forward to getting my boy back.
  10. Jules2716

    Son having THR, concerned Mum!

    @EmEm we had a second opinion a few months ago and they were happy to leave him too, so the offer of a THR is a turn around! I am calling the consultants secretary tomorrow to ask a few important questions that we want answers to before the big day! .
  11. Jules2716

    Son having THR, concerned Mum!

    It all started about (we think) 4 or 5 years ago, he was the sporty one, but started to not be able to last a full game of soccer. He hsaid he has pains in his legs, which we put down to growing pains. These pains went on toooooo long so we went to see the GP, who then referred us to peds at...
  12. Jules2716

    Son having THR, concerned Mum!

    Thank you sooo much, 3 weeks today it will all be done. I am sure we will have more questions as the date gets nearer, bring it on! :unsure:
  13. Jules2716

    Son having THR, concerned Mum!

    Hey guys, my son (18years Old) is having a THR next month, we are going for his pre op on Friday. Are there any questions I really need to ask? What would you want to know? He is a little worried (not surprised) so feel I need to be prepared on the day. He is a rare case and I think the...
  14. Jules2716

    Pre-op done - getting ready questions

    Hey guys, my son (18years Old) is having a THR next month, we are going for his pre op on Friday, are there any questions I really need to ask? What would you want to know? He is a little worried (not surprised) so feel I need to be prepared on the day. He is a rare case and I think the...
  15. Jules2716

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    Hey Guys, my son Josh is 18 years old and is having his THR on 16th February! The powers that be have decided they can do it now rather than let it fuse and cause years of pain and discomfort! Roll on the 16th
Back
Top Bottom