So sorry to read of your problems but pleased to read no fevers for the last 4 days. All the best for next Tuesday and onwards.
Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Hi All, tomorrow I am due at the hospital for 8am and surgery around 11am. I can't wait to get this second knee done as I am totally over the pain, the sleepless nights and the inability to do most activities. I shall update this thread as soon as I am able to focus and think straight! Lol...
Just a short update..... I had my pre op assessment today and all went well. I was told to be at the hospital for 8am on Wednesday and should be going to theatre around 10.30am.
The butterflies have started in my tummy already! [emoji23]
I'm not scared but am a little apprehensive. Just want...
Hi @nanknee I had my first TKR on Dec 17th 2014 and I came out of hospital Dec 23rd. I went to my sister's for Christmas Day lunch and survived! :santaclap: I was driven there and back (only about 15 minutes away), sat on the lounge with good support, continued with the ice and elevation...
Hi @Dianna_WA - good to find another person from WA!:wave: I am in Baldivis and will be having this second surgery at SJOG Murdoch again.
I have read through your posts and admire you having both knees done at once. Lots of good reasons to do so but I know it was not the option for me.
Your...
Hi @PolarBear60 and @tnttracy1 - thanks very much for your responses. The pedal exercisers must be very popular generally as they have sold out all over town. At the moment I am taking this as a sign I shouldn't get one!!:heehee:
I was having some pretty bad pain in my knee during the night...
Hi @LuluArchie, sorry to hear you had such a difficult first day back at work. I don't know what work you do but all that travel to and from can't be good at this stage. My surgeon signed me off work for three months right from the start and I took his advice. After the three months, I returned...
Hi everyone I now have a date for surgery on my left knee, Wednesday 6th December 2017.
I have seen my anaesthetist and she was great. Apparently there have been advances in pain medication since my RTKR and she will be making sure I am as comfortable as possible after surgery and when I am...
Thanks Josephine, I will definitely keep you posted. I wonder if you have heard of any benefits of taking Tumeric tablets? A chiropractor mentioned them to me to help with inflammation of the knee. I would be interested in your thoughts on this.
Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Hi All, well it has been nearly 3 years since I had my right TKR and that knee is now doing well. At the time my left knee wasn't quite so bad so I decided to leave it as we were soon to begin our nomadic lifestyle around Australia. Over the past six months I have become more and more limited in...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.