Recent content by jth6578

  1. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    I am bending it they are just assisting in bending it so I don't bend it fair. Otherwise I would towel to bend it and if I bend it back to far I can give myself a cramp. I believe he said it helps my thighs and hip flexors
  2. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    My physical therapist is wonderful he tells me why I have to do certain exercises and explains how it will help me. He figured out that my hip flexors and hip educators are extremely tight so we are working on loosing them up and making them stronger for me. He gave me one exercise of laying on...
  3. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Thank you only certain friends know what I am doing because they are helping me. I hope to shock my friends and family and maybe make them cry a little.
  4. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Yes she tried to tell me to only use my walker and tried to tell me I should use my wheelchair all the time. I told her that was not my intention. She tell me I can not use my cane. I am willing to use my wheelchair for long distances but I want to use cane and get off the walker
  5. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Yes I had back surgery for lumbar and my neck and thoracic. It helped a lot my lower lumbar look like an hourglass in the MRI. My back was going out prior. It helped the pain and help with muscle weakness I was having in my right leg. I had a really awesome orthopedic back doctor. When I told...
  6. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Ten months today, I got my right done. I had to change Physical Therapists again, but I finally found the right one. My other physical therapist was almost working against me. I have other issues besides my knees. I have back issues, and because of two back surgeries and parathyroid surgery, I...
  7. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Thanks, I have had many health issues so have learned to advocate for myself. I know what I am capable of doing and I need help getting there so I need to work with people that are willing to put the time and effort I put in. If I don't get one I will find it with someone else. I need people...
  8. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    So I finally restarted PT. I was sure I would like her but Wednesday was our first session. She gave me exercises to do at home which was good then on Friday when I saw her she had me do different things at PT and told me to do the exercises gave me at home. My old PT just did the same...
  9. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    I am excited I start PT again at the place. Well I have been there before for my back when I needed PT. I can't wait to start again.
  10. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    I have to say really love my Doctor. My physical therapist released me from PT on the 24th of February. She thought I was donebecause everyone with knee replacements only has a certain about of PT and therefore I will probably never walk with a cane safely. I didn't believe her tried to have...
  11. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    We made two stops on the way down and one stop on the way back. No big issues.
  12. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    I had busy week. Tuesday I skipped PT because it was early session before class and decided I wasn’t going have time so I canceled. I went to class, pick up my friend and then did few errands, dropped off my dog at the dog sitter’s house. Drove 5 hours to my Aunt and Uncle’s house to surprise my...
  13. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Yes, my current physical therapist is on my list of people I am going to prove wrong.
  14. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Work is going good. PTis cutting me loose after this week even though I don't go back to my doctor for another two weeks. My physical therapist thinks my legs are where they should be and because of my back issues I am better off walking with a walker and it isn't safe for me to walk with a cane...
  15. J

    TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

    Went back to work tonight. I had PT today before work and had to 40 minutes to work. My physical therapist didn’t want me to tired so she went really easy on me today. No long walk today. Work was good everyone was happy I was finally back after 20 weeks of being out. My boss is more agreeable...
Back
Top Bottom