Recent content by JTH

  1. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    @Kansas Teacher. Best of luck to you. Both my knees were unbelievably low pain. I think I have a good pain tolerance. I really couldn't take the Hydrocodone/Tylenol combo 10mg/325mg prescribed it was too strong and produced hallucinations. Pretty much used Tramadol 50mg for pain. Some folks...
  2. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    @Josephine You probably don't remember this. I had had lines on either side of my surgical site where the skin had broken. The PA didn't know what it was, the surgeon said it was where the bandage had been applied and caused some swelling and caused some slight puckering of skin which broke...
  3. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    @Josephine I will print a copy of the photo and ask on Monday. Glad I could give you a chuckle today.
  4. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Thanks @Josephine i will ask the PA on Monday. They are actually cuts into the skin. There were scabs on them. Maybe have something to do with clamps holding knee open during surgery. I looked at photos of other's wounds and didn't see anything similar. Ya. Know sometimes it's kinda like trying...
  5. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Homeport, funny thing, I have not had much trouble sleeping. I'm a night person so rarely go to bed before 2am. I wake up a few times,not always due to pain. Took a tramadol last. Night around 9pm and put one on nightstand to take around 2am, went to bed last night around 12:30am. Didn't wake...
  6. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    I did want to say, I don't remember leaving the pre op area. Don't remember moving over to operating table, don't remember getting the spinal. Was the easiest trip to surgery I've ever had. Harris SW in Ft Worth and Texas Hip and Knee Center, Dr. Ted Crofford. Couldn't ask for a better...
  7. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Josephine, I was wondering about the line of punctures on both side of my knee if you'll look at the picture I sent of bruises. They are both lines straight up and down, just wondering if those might be from a jig used on my knee. Didn't have them on the first knee.right side of knee they look...
  8. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Yes Josphine my pain is that little. Just got up at 10:30 and I'm not in any great pain. A little in my shin, but that's all. Just took a tramadol just to remove that pain. I am truly amazed that I'm not in more pain. Have been elevating and icing. And keeping the leg compressors running. Have...
  9. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Today we did PT after noon, without weight. I was having some nausea right before. Think because I took Tramadol 50mg with only part of a graham cracker. Did 10 minutes pedaling, then did knee rises, butt clinches, leg raising and knees apart and together. Each 15 times/three sets. Then...
  10. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Second PT today. Graduated from walker to cane. That's in one week. Used the pedaler for 10 minutes all the way around. No problem pedaling. Did exercises with 2lb weight on my foot. Was hard but able to do it. Afterwards took my first car ride since discharged from the hospital. Went up to...
  11. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Yes Homeport but it's very loud at night. But I can handle the noise for two weeks and a small price to pay to prevent blood clots. Constantly pumping my ankles too. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  12. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    The vpulse machine is new to me this time. Had the gelpacs from scoped knee in 2006. Had first PT today. He said I'll probably be off walker in about a week. Walking fairly well. Said my flex was about 110 and extension was close to 0. Doing much better than last time. 2 pain pills today...
  13. JTH

    TKR Second TKR 2/27/15

    Had my second TKR last Friday. Left knee this time. Had the right one replaced 6/13/14. All went well. Released Sunday Mar. 1. This time got a machine Vpulse system. Combination leg compressor/ice machine. No compression stockings, just this machine I'm to use 24/7 for two weeks except when...
  14. JTH

    I can't take this knee pain anymore

    I had spinal and happy juice and it was fine. I have sleep apnea so I was concerned with that. I had no problems and no nausea. Just had to wait for my legs to wake up afterwards. I had very little pain throughout my recovery. Went on a Viking Cruise for my 40th anniversary end of October...
Back
Top Bottom