Recent content by JRS11

  1. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    Thank you Celle.
  2. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    I am now 18 weeks post op. Pain meds are done, pain is controlled mostly but I do have some bad days or hours during the day. Stiffness is still present, somedays it seems like it has lessened yet later in the day or the next day it is back. I take this as a good sign that it is diminished at...
  3. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    Thank you. Will do. It gets cold out but I can work around that.
  4. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    11½ weeks out now. I was very skeptical about changing my exercise routine but took ill last week and had no choice. My physical therapist is of the opinion if I stop, the stiffness will get worse. So now I am doing a couple of “stretches” only, no strengthening. My knee seems to be happier...
  5. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    @andpeaches, yesterday by mid day was very good. My knee loosened up it seems. Today it is not quite that good but not bad. I have started taking tramadol and tylenol and think this may be helping. I hope you get your bike back, I know I will not be rifing for a bit, but excercising on a...
  6. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    Thanks again Josephine.
  7. J

    TKR Increase of stiffness and back of knee pain<

    You are 3 days ahead of me. I have stiffness everyday, some days more than others. My pain is mostly ok now,but I have learned that stiffness is pain, interesting. While I have been religious about stretching I have not pushed past a point, I have had tightness but not pain from stretching, if...
  8. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    I have no problem with stretches, although at this point I have to re-evaluate what I am doing. Today is stiff all day without let up. Most days it relaxes a bit but it is only 10 weeks. Maybe it is the weather. I have found that stretching seems to losen up that stiffness most times. I won’t...
  9. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    traceys, a hobby for me. I have done some printing and processing. This winter will not see me trying but soon. My gear is all minimalist, fixed lens or short telephoto cameras.
  10. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    NavyGunns, I hear you. Funny, this morning I watched a TKR video, hard to watch, I had not watch before. I was thinking, no wonder, all that pulling, cutting, pounding, how could it not hurt. I just wish the PT people and docs would be more forthcoming up front on recovery, what to expect, how...
  11. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    Thanks Navy. I don’t feel added pain after stretching, my big issue is the stiffness which I now know is another form of pain. This is worst after I move around a bit after getting out of bed in the morning.
  12. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    Thanks again. I guess I just am confused as PT here said to do the excercises and have been doing and can tell my knee has gotten stronger. I also wonder about healing and how much to push it. I appreciate zhe time taken and advise given.
  13. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    How will I know when healing is complete?
  14. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    My extension was -2 last time it was checked the last day of PT. Sorry, the auto correct on my iPad must have messed that up. Will try the Tylenol, never had much luck with it in the past but I have nothing to lose by trying it. I have some tramadol at home, never thought it did that much...
  15. J

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    1. Stiffness mostly 5, Above knee, 5 or so 2. Dilaudid, 2-4 mg. I usually take 2mg especially at this point. 4 makes me very tired, if pain climbs I will take 4mg. 3. Slight swelling 4. ROM greater than 120 last time it was measured. I do all of my physical therapy at home now...
Back
Top Bottom