Recent content by jrhill72

  1. J

    THR Time between replacements

    Second hip replacement complete 6/22. I found it easier to sleep in a recliner this time as I have now had both hips replaced in the past 22 days. I actually slept a lot this time as opposed to none last time. I am up walking to the toilet and its 6/23 and I plan to head home today around...
  2. J

    THR Time between replacements

    For some reason I am more nervous about my second THR on 6/22 than I was about the one on 6/1. Praying that it all goes smoothly. 42, M, decent shape, Left THR 6/1/15. Right THR scheduled for 6/22/15. John
  3. J

    THR Time between replacements

    @Teecup. I have gotten my meds adjusted but I'm not clear that this is what finally allowed me to sleep. I just seem to have had a breakthrough one morning and I finally was able to sleep. After that it has been easier to to sleep regularly. I also worked with the therapist on some specific...
  4. J

    THR Time between replacements

    So after a week of hardly any sleep and feeling miserable I was finally able to nap for about 4 hours off an on this morning. For the first hour my mother watched me and said I looked like I was having spasms; jerking, twitching, turning nonstop. I remember the dreams I was having and they...
  5. J

    THR Time between replacements

    Leg jerking after THR I find that just as I'm about to finally fall asleep that my whole body will jerk and it feels like it is emanating from the hip that was replaced. This causes a lot of pain up and down my leg and starts the whole process of trying to fall asleep over again. Have others...
  6. J

    2015 June Sunbeams - are you having hip surgery in June?

    Left THR done June 1st. Right THR scheduled for June 22nd. Nice to be in a support group of others also going through this! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. J

    THR Time between replacements

    I have been trying different pain meds since last October just before my first core decompression. Tramadol and Celebrex do nothing for me. I can take the Vicodin and sleep with very little problems. It's the addition of the Oxy that keeps me up. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. J

    THR Time between replacements

    I am one week post op for a total hip replacement. After walking or PT I still get intense pain in my repaired leg. My doc has checked it out and says there is nothing out of whack which is good. He changed my to 2x7.5/325 hydrocodone and 10mg OxyCotin 2x per day. I find myself hurting...
  9. J

    THR Time between replacements

    I'm 42 and in reasonably good health. I had my first anterior approach total hip replacement on my left hip on June 1st, 2015. It went very well. At the time I knew I needed to have my right hip done as well but my doctor didn't want to do both at once. I asked him when I could get the other...
  10. J

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Day after my surgery - it's going to leave a scar!
Back
Top Bottom