Recent content by JonD

  1. JonD

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi again happy Hipsters. I had my left hip "done" may 2012 and have just had the right one operated on, May 15th 2013. All seems well again but OH BOY! will it be great to be able to sleep on my side again. At the moment I have a few "grounching" feelings in my new right hip, but having read the...
  2. JonD

    THR Pain after 26 weeks

    debkakes has written almost what I would have scribed; in fact word for word. And early on in my recovery I took poppets advice and agreed with her estimate. Now its 5 months since my op. and I am still getting ache and pains. OMRUDS, the pans will continue but gradually ease. The good advice...
  3. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Hello again fellow "Hipsters". Well its been 22 weeks since Mr Surgeon took his Black and Decker electric saw and removed one of my joints. (I refer to the hip of course and not a cannabis one! :) ) This current missive is yet another call for "patience". I still get an ache in my new hip...
  4. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Well, here we go and week 15 post op. Dear fellow Hipsters, never take it for granted our road to total recover is problem free. "The body giveth and the body taketh away", to paraphrase an old saying. Last week you will note my unsurpassed joy at being able to walk without the aid of a...
  5. JonD

    THR Help, a little nervous!!!

    Hi Jo, and welcome to the "Happy Hipster" site. It was 8 weeks before I even contemplated getting behind the driving wheel of my car. As the colleagues on the site have recommended, rest rest and rest again. During those first few weeks post op. my body invented pains which I decided were not in...
  6. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Good day to all fellow "Hipsters". Jacey, many thanks for that very informative link. I was almost on the verge of going to my local chemist and getting suppositories or a stick of dynamite, when the Extra Strong laxative started to do its work. :). I didn't know constipation could be so painful...
  7. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Week 13 and an improvement! The kidney infection is still there and the GP has given me another weeks supply of the anti-biotic and TRAMADOL for the pain relief. Now an interesting side effect of taking the pain-killer. It of course stopped me having that "ache" in the op. side thigh when I...
  8. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Poppet, you've hit the nail right on the head !:) Last night (Saturday) the pain had become so bad, like a very hot knife raking from my groin to my kidney area and back again, that I phoned the non-emergency number (UK 111). I was immediately advised to return to the Accident and Emergency...
  9. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Hi Sharon, thank you very much for the input and great advice. I'll try to live up to it. HELP! A new problem has arisen which causes me to wonder if it is related to the op. Some years ago I had kidney stones removed and remember well the pain which alerted me to the condition. Well, two days...
  10. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Rider, about the lop-side walk....I still have a "list to port" as the sailors would say. And I have seen from the many inputs to the forum that improvement comes in "fits and starts". Without this forum I would probably have sunk into deep melancholy, as I would have expected a very...
  11. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Suki, I didn't try to use the car until I had been post op. 6 weeks. I was too terrified of the dreaded "dislocation" syndrome. I have just read Sharons comment in another thread " that healing continues for the first 18 months."..hmmmmmm that will sound about right; this is week twelve, and...
  12. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Well, week eleven has arrived and with a little surprise. Last night I awoke about 4am (toilet visit) and suddenly realised that I had been sleeping on the Op. hip.! I have a little sharp intermittent pain in the op area this morning, but am happy that I now have a choice of positions to sleep...
  13. JonD

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Hang in there Hipgirl. There are weeks when I feel that no progress has been made, as the healing process seem so slow. But with the help of the kind people on this forum I was made to realise that all that was normal. I still use my crutch, and think I will continue to do so for some time.
  14. JonD

    THR Pain In Posterior

    Jamie...many thanks...what you have done is eminently sensible and logical..
  15. JonD

    Footwear

    I don't think this has been mentioned as I cannot find it on "Search", but I thought I'd add this thread. We all will have a problem with reaching down to either tie or put our footwear on. I got these from ASDA for £3. They are a sandal type made of thick canvass and have the double velcro...
Back
Top Bottom