Recent content by Joeml430

  1. J

    THR Spangles' Recovery Thread

    @Greg555 - those are encouraging data. Can you provide the reference? Thanks
  2. J

    Hip Arthroscopy Frustrated 5 1/2 weeks post hip arthroscopic surgery

    My hip gets extremely hot and swells at night, plus sometimes my skin on outside of hip burns like a sunburn. Is this normal? You may want to order a couple of these for the swelling and burning sensation.
  3. J

    THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

    I too am almost 8 weeks post-op (2/3/20) anterior approach and have the same problem! I have been trying to put my pants on standing up and cannot lift my leg for the life of me on its own more than 6" off the ground. I need to use my arm to lift the leg. I can do that pain free. Trying to...
  4. J

    THR Recovery of 1/29 replacement

    How many steps are you walking? I’m 16 days post-op anterior TRHR (2/3). I develop pain in my upper right buttock right around 3,500 - 4,000 steps. Hoping it will go away in time but that limits me now. The pain has been pretty consistent over last few days.
  5. J

    THR Set the date today

    Hello BruceH - curious if your pain is constant day-to-day or if some days it goes away? I just scheduled Right THR for 2/3/20. I would say 5 days out of 7 I feel good about this decision. Then I will have a couple of good days and think "Why do I want to saw my leg in two?" I've backed off...
  6. J

    How long to hold out?

    Thank you Mainegirl1 - psychologically that is exactly where I am at right now! I can use meds to mask the pain, but it always comes back. Right now I basically move from chair to chair during my normal work day. X-rays and personal experience suggest both hips need to go. I meet with a...
  7. J

    Anterior Hip Replacement - any negative experiences?

    Hello - I probably need to re-post this in the post-op forum but I will start here since I am pre-op for initial feedback. Perhaps the moderators can make a recommendation? I've been researching posterior -vs- anterior replacement. I am favoring the anterior procedure -based primarily on...
  8. J

    How long to hold out?

    Thanks for the clarification Jamie - I searched bonesmart and found a number of threads on CBD that I will read through.
  9. J

    How long to hold out?

    Thanks Leejaa, I'm inclined to agree with your comment: I've been hitting the supplement route pretty hard since August and can't really point to any major improvements. Any experience with using cannabinoids for pain relief? I've come across a few internet sites extolling their virtues for...
  10. J

    How long to hold out?

    Hi Leejaa - that's exactly where I'm at now! In addition, I'm unable to get off a bike without very deliberate, slow leg lift. This all changed suddenly around last fall (Oct. 2018). So after surgery those activities are no longer painful? So it sounds like your arthritis came on pretty...
  11. J

    How long to hold out?

    Pumpkin - Thanks for the links - will check them out! VSlowLife - sounds like you have not had a hip replacement and are managing well with meds? Can you share your reasons why you have not opted for surgery? Thanks
  12. J

    How long to hold out?

    Thanks for the advice Yorkiegs1! I too had cortisone shot with limited effect. One confounding problem is I also have lower back pain which an MRI indicated was L5/s1 stenosis. So not sure if all the pain is hip-related? I read on this forum about upper buttock pain can be caused by hip...
  13. J

    How long to hold out?

    Hello - first time poster here. Wondering how long one can manage hip pain with pain medication? I am 54 yo male with hip osteoarthritis in both hips. I have interviewed a couple of OS - both encouraged use of NSAIDs to manage the pain. I have had pain symptoms going on one year - mostly...
Back
Top Bottom