Recent content by JoeGee

  1. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Thanks for the Birthday wishes, sorry I hadn't checked in for bit. Hi Layla, I guess it's a little over 3 months since the procedure. I'd say recovery is still ongoing. I'm doing fine I think, walking about 1.5 miles every day and also working out, so I'm getting around fine. Mobility is...
  2. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Thanks mojo! Yeah I gotta do better with the ice, no doubt. My biggest thing is I'm still pretty wiped out. I mean I feel fine but then I'm just super wiped out later, but a nap or a rest and I rally. It's almost hard to connect it with the hip since the hip doesn't hurt. Thigh hurts a bit but...
  3. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Thanks Layla - lost track of things a little bit with all the virus stuff but I'm doing well. Leg is still sore and a bit swollen near the incision site but I have good mobility and strength is coming back. 2 months! Crazy how time goes by. I hope everybody here is doing well - I guess there...
  4. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    I didn't even know the social room existed, my bad. Thanks and you enjoy your weekend too!
  5. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Thanks Layla, we'll see I guess. sistersinhim, no problem, I get it. I actually kinda wondered what would happen if I posted it as a thread, and now I know! Seemed a little bit more "general interest" is why I went the way I did. vslowlife, I'm sure cross-country is very much safer, unless...
  6. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Just wondering if anybody here has gone back to skiing after THR. I've skied basically my whole life, introduced my wife and kids to it and they're into it, I even have a condo at a ski resort. Right now, 5 weeks out from my replacement, it seems crazy to think I'll ever ski again and I've been...
  7. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Thanks Layla. Well it was a month last Thursday. It's definitely still sore but I'm getting around fine and making progress, although honestly it seems to have slowed down a bit lately. I went to the Doctor last Friday and he was happy with it so that's encouraging. I look forward to a day when...
  8. J

    THR AussieHipster in Recovery

    I think by this point I'd be planning on how to inflict some pain on that pain specialist, what a mess, sorry mate. Hang in there as best you can until you can get it sorted.
  9. J

    THR New member, pain 3 three years after THR

    Again, I'm certainly not diagnosing you by any means, but in my case I would get sharp searing pain almost randomly in my right hip for a period of several years. It might be fine for a month and I would take a step and be right back in it, and once it started just putting my foot down wrong...
  10. J

    THR New member, pain 3 three years after THR

    Are you worried about the implant itself? There's all kinds of soft tissue stuff in that general area that can cause sharp repeated pain, I've had a ton off experience with that and have been able to do a lot for myself with self-massage and stetching. I learned a lot from a web site about pain...
  11. J

    THR 7 weeks out and have questions.

    Chopper I don't have citations at my fingertips but when I smashed my acetabulum in December of '17 (which eventually led to my recent THR) they told me not to take them, and being the way I am, I wondered why and did some research. The answer is, it's not a slam dunk either way. There are...
  12. J

    THR Newbie post op first time post...

    Al I'm no seasoned vet, I had surgery the day after you. I do have pain in that general area but it seems quite a bit less than you on the high side, I'd never describe it as a 7 or 8 but people vary. My only real advice is to keep track of the trend either with notes or even voice memos on...
  13. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Hi everybody. At I guess Day 17 of recovery (or 18, depending on when you're supposed to start counting). Still sore for sure but a little better every day. Started goign for walks outside about 6 days ago and go a little further every day. Yesterday about a half mile, most of it without the...
  14. J

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Keep on truckin Brushis you the man. I'm doing pretty good, about the last 6 days (so starting on day 12 I guess) I started going for walks, first day was like 100 yards, every day a little more, today maybe close to half a mile. But still ice and elevation. I'm sore but not in a bad way. My...
  15. J

    THR Joe G.'s recovery thread

    Thanks Layla! Since I'll probably be doing the other hip in the fall there's not much chance I'll forget you. Went to the Doc today and he was very happy with it. Bandage is off, it's going in the right direction. I'm pretty pumped. In a calm and reasonable manner, of course.
Back
Top Bottom