Recent content by Jodingers

  1. J

    TKR TortiTabby's recovery

    I knew of a guy who boasted of dancing swing at 3 weeks post tkr , even posted videos. Reality is he stood still whilst people danced around him! He was still telling people this despite still limping with a cane 3 months on !! Selective memories! I go back to work in 2 weeks at 10 weeks...
  2. J

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    @Leghurts! I'm 8 weeks and have been going to bed with cling film wrapped round my knee and a gel ice pack on top since I read the article on here less than 2 weeks in, works amazingly for me! It stops the irritation, burn and zingers.Try it. :yes!:
  3. J

    TKR Straightening knee

    Hi @Paulcat , I'm 8 weeks and saw my os for the first time post op yesterday! I don't have full extension yet either. My os said it was not a problem, he said it will come with time, may take a year even, but I was not to worry or try to force it as that would be counter productive. Each...
  4. J

    TKR 5 weeks out from TKR, stiff and frustrated<

    Well done, I think half the battle is getting your head around the long recovery. Realising I had to be patient was definately the hardest part for me and even now I have to remind myself. I was very active and danced competitively and professionally for many years, pushing through pain is no...
  5. J

    TKR 5 weeks out from TKR, stiff and frustrated<

    Hi @labmum , I'm 8 weeks now + doing great. I'm absolutely sure I'm doing great because at 2 weeks I started to follow bonesmart advice, my knee was so swollen, stiff and painful. I was manically doing exercises in an effort to do well as quickly as possible. Completely counter productive...
  6. J

    TKR I'm desperate after my total knee replacement^

    I had a similiar problem after tkr (and slight valgus correction) my fantastic , gentle, encouraging physiotherapist told me how to gently massage the back of my knee and thigh to soften the hamstring. It has really helped, I still do it from time to time as it's so soothing.
  7. J

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    @Irish471 well done going back to work, I'm due back on 20th May, NOT looking forward to it. I completely agree with you regarding 'moving well' , I walk normally now but my endurance is still very limited and it's easy to overdo it. People think I'm completely back to normal ( including...
  8. J

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @Lizziebeth I live in Nottingham, not half as picturesque as your neck of the woods I'm sure! How on earth do you bend down to do weeding? Or do u have raised beds? My knee has felt as big as my head since overdoing it on Saturday, it sounds a grand idea to have a microchip inserted! We moved...
  9. J

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    Hi @Lizziebeth well I was doing well until I overdid it a couple of days ago + am spending a few days back in the ice /elevate as much as possible stage. My new knee certainly shouted at me. So, this Bank Holiday is going to be very quiet!! My garden is sloped upwards and rather bumpy too...
  10. J

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    Just realised I've repeated myself a few times, sorry people! Anyhow, at least I've made it clear I'm elevating and icing..... !! :loll:
  11. J

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    @Jockette that's great, I will defer the upcoming appointment. There's no rush and I'd rather go along with confidence and not trepidation. @Spex10 I already feel like there's an alien in my knee! I don't even have a bath at the moment due to renovating our very old cottage so can't imagine...
  12. J

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    @Jockette thank you, after today and after the advice on here I've decided that i will do just that. I've done so well so far, overdoing it yesterday has really set me back, an unwitting friend took me out for much longer than arranged, I was so uncomfortable but wasn't in a position to get...
  13. J

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    @spex I don't think I can go and just walk, the hydrotherapy pool offers either one to one sessions or group sessions. It's a private facility. I guess I could just walk in the first assessment? I'm guessing the group sessions are some form of exercises but will check that out. Would I...
  14. J

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    Thank you @Jockette , the first session is an hour, but I will only be in the water for 30 mins maximum as it's an assessment to see what I need and what I want out of the therapy. After that I think the group sessions are an hour long, I would be 9 weeks ish by then. I feel really quite...
  15. J

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    @Lindylee thank you, I have a one to one session first, then I can do the group sessions if I'm suitable. I'll see how I feel after the one to one.
Back
Top Bottom