Recent content by Jobaby

  1. Jobaby

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    3 weeks post op. Brown stuff is glue from dressing. First bubble bath. Heaven.
  2. Jobaby

    THR Jobaby's Recovery Thread

    Hello @VSlowLife! Today is a really good day. Pain levels down to about the same as pre surgery. That is progress! How are you doing?
  3. Jobaby

    THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

    @VSlowLife how are you feeling today?
  4. Jobaby

    Core Decompression Stage 1 AVN - CD scheduled for January

    When my AVN was discovered in early stages, my rheumatologist tried to treat it conservatively with drugs, therapy, massage etc. As he was of the misguided opinion that I was young for a THR and that it might not progress. Unfortunately, it did progress quite rapidly and I was in so much pain...
  5. Jobaby

    THR Terrified of the surgery...Help!

    @Funnypug I just had LTHR 2 weeks ago. I totally understand your fears, but am pretty sure you will be back after your surgery to reassure others like I am with you. I kept telling myself that the surgeons know what they are doing. I busied myself making meals and freezing, stocking pantry etc...
  6. Jobaby

    THR Question about synovial tissue after THR

    I have RA and the inflammation in my Left hip caused synovial fluid to get out of control. Very painful, swollen and no matter what my rheumatologist or I tried (massage, physio, steroids, cortiosone shots, biologics, anti inflammatories etc) worked. Within months, my cartilage had been worn...
  7. Jobaby

    THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

    So encouraging to hear! Hope your walk was wonderful!
  8. Jobaby

    Hip Arthroscopy Possibly tore my hip labrum again,more painful

    @Maria_17 My heart breaks for you, realising your age and all that you are going through. I agree with Eman85 advice above. Sending hugs from down under.
  9. Jobaby

    THR Jobaby's Recovery Thread

    I take it you're a Rod Stewart fan, maybe just a teensy weensy bit? Enough to lay on the cold, hard concrete next to his star on the Walk of Fame. :heehee: Thank you Kayla. Just a bit of a fan.... In fact I own one of his balls:heehee:. My husband caught one for me at his concert. That photo...
  10. Jobaby

    THR Jobaby's Recovery Thread

    Excellent observation, VSlowLife! Our house was built circa 1950 and the original owner planted those for his wife, Myrtle. My dad's ashes are buried below them. I think it is him saying hello every Jan/Feb when they flower. The palms are huge now but originally started out as pot plants on my...
  11. Jobaby

    Hip Arthroscopy Possibly tore my hip labrum again,more painful

    So sorry to hear of your pain. I bet an administrator will be along shortly to post recovery protocol (ice, elevate, medicate and rest) and others in similar situations will offer you sound advice. In the meantime, I am only 8 days post TLHR, but this site will be your saving grace. I have...
  12. Jobaby

    THR Jobaby's Recovery Thread

    UPDATE: Admin, I wasn't sure how to change the title of my thread to Jobaby's Recovery thread. Is it at all possible please? If not, no problem. Anyhoo, here's the update. Day 8 feels world's away from Day 5 & 6 (in a GOOD way). Many reasons for this: 1. This group's support, advice and...
  13. Jobaby

    THR Correct leg support

    I had surgery Feb 12 and think mine must be an aquaseal too. I can shower, but not bathe with it on. It hasnt bothered me at all, so far. According to the hospital, I just leave it on until my OS check up in a couple of weeks.
  14. Jobaby

    13 year old with AVN of hip

    That is huge decision and one that can not be taken lightly. She is so lucky to be blessed with you as parent. Even though I am 56, i would like to share some of my experience with you, because in some ways it relates. I have always been very active and fit. At 50 I was diagnosed with...
Back
Top Bottom