Thanks for your thoughts & recommendations. I think giving it more time is a great idea! I have reverse shoulder replacement surgery on October 30 and just trying to prepare for that is enough to deal with for now as well!
Jo4121
Sorry for any confusion ... but as stated by Calgirl .... I am 15 months after the revision. So, that was why I was wondering about what it should feel like.
Haven’t posted for awhile ... been doing fairly well...but now have a question. What is a revised TKR supposed to feel like? I know ...very broad question. Here is what I am experiencing and wonder how others are doing in this journey. My knee is stiff and sore. Sometime sharp pains and a...
Thanks all for your responses. This knee is 10x better than original knee - not loose and moving all around. I never had an opportunity to have a good recovery, so just trying to figure things out. I do know patience is part of all of this and giving it time is also necessary.
Thanks again...
Thanks for your response. I am not as concerned with getting that final ROM numbers as I am about the spacer, this might the reason and is there anything - other than surgery - to help? If this is my new normal, I need to rethink some of the lifting requirements of working with special needs...
Question ... during your revision or regular TKR, did your OS indicate that s/he had to put in a bigger spacer (even by millimeters) than expected?
This is my case and I have noticed the following - ROM is still at 115. Not terrible unless trying to put on shoes or going up or down stairs.i...
Saw my OS today...10 weeks after surgery check-up.
What was originally thought to be an infection (which has not gone away) he believes is actually a pulled hamstring that attaches at the point that is also at the end of the incision. I had mentioned that I thought I had a pulled hamstring to...
So today was a hiccup day in my recovery ... an infected internal stitch. Very red and swollen hard lump about silver dollar size that was pea size yesterday. Called OS and made the 2 hour one way trip to be seen by him. Took blood, xrays, and pictures. Was told I have an elevated WBC but...
I think I was more prepared ... knew what to expect. I also have a great PT who I've worked with for about 10 years who knows when to push me or slow down the process.
I know it's supposed to hurt and how to manage the pain.... ice and elevate/manage with medication as needed. I am also off...
I saw my OS last week and everything looks great!
I will be working with my therapist on some work conditioning activities for the next 5 weeks. I am a special ed teacher and do a lot of walking, lifting, pushing, and pulling, so this was to get me ready for when school starts in late...
Today marks a month since my revision...woohoo!
Things are progressing very well and I could tell almost immediately after surgery that this time there was going to be a different/better outcome than my original TKR.
I am riding a stationary bike, walking without assistance of cane...
Thanks ... I get a little paranoid (for good reason as it turns out). I had a great recovery for the original TKR ... until about 5 months in when problems arose that led to the revision, so I want to do well. I know there will be days when it just doesn't feel right so I am greatful for the...
Thanks for your advise / encouragement....I agree with everything you've said and don't go out of my way to "push it" in my recovery. It's just that since it is a revision I almost feel guilty that it feels so good. I do know there will be moments of feeling like I'm not making progress also...
Hello all ... I have a question....if your recovery is going well (i.e. ROM is almost perfect and pain levels are in the more than tolerable range from surgery 2 weeks ago) ...is it possible to mess things up when you feel so well? Like, can I truly ditch my walker and / or can? Is it bad to...
My revision was also a cementless original LTKR...almost a year ago. The OS said I was young in Knee replacement years (58), and this is his standard procedure. However, it never felt good. Always swayed from side to side and front to back. I never trusted going up or down stairs. So...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.