Recent content by JKWHIPPIE

  1. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Thanks so much for your support!
  2. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Hello all: I am approaching my 3 month anniversary feeling good! I just hiked 3 miles, and have been back in the gym working out normally for about 3 weeks. Flexibility is good; i've been able to tie my shoes for about a month, have traveled out of the country, and am 85% back to normal...
  3. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Thanks so much. I've discontinued Tylenol during the day. Only at night. But am reconsidering taking some when I'm uncomfortable during the day. No need to be a hero when I can feel good.
  4. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Thanks so much! I am almost back to normal! I have been driving for a few weeks, am in PT twice a week (and daily at home) visiting with friends and family, and even had my hair colored yesterday. Feeling productive and back to work. Still a bit of discomfort, and sleeping is sometimes challenging.
  5. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    I do take Magnesium before bed.
  6. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    I'm able to walk around the house without the cane! I have been driving, and went to the grocery store and cooked dinner last night. Still feeling a bit of cabin fever though.
  7. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Yes. thanks. Any thoughts on how to sleep better at night?
  8. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    I finally figured out what's up. I have a bit of sciatica pain, likely due to the manipulation of that big buttock muscle during surgery. I bit of stretching with a yoga strap has helped. Has anyone else had that problem?
  9. J

    THR Tessa’s second go!

    I, too, had low blood pressure after after my THR on November 5th. It was after being given Tramadol. I managed with acetaminophen after that, but wish I had insisted on something stronger for the first few days. Good luck with your new hip!
  10. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Has anyone had foot cramping around the ankle bone and across the top of the foot when using a pillow under or between the knees while sleeping? My foot seems to be flopping over.
  11. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    After visiting the doctor yesterday, I graduated to a cane! It feels very liberating. I feel like I'm on my way to full recovery! Thanks for all your support. PT this afternoon...
  12. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Thanks so much for your responses! I feel like I've been icing, elevating, and walking forever.
  13. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    Hi all: It seems like I am getting stronger every day. Start PT on Thursday. My problem is that I am so exhausted (and kind of cranky) at the end of the day it's hard to sit at the table for dinner. Sitting upright is a bit of a challenge. Thoughts?
  14. J

    THR JKWHIPPIE'S Recovery Thread

    I had a bad night last night with foot cramps running in a circle from my ankle around the top of my foot to the achilles tendon. Ugh. I take magnesium and Tylenol and Gabapentin. My husband massaged my foot and put a compression sock on that foot. Thoughts?
Back
Top Bottom