Recent content by jjfcpa

  1. J

    THR John's anterior TLHR recovery

    77 years old and had THR anterior on February 3rd - a little over 4 months ago. Just wanted to see if this was normal. The hip is not bothering me at all and I've been able to return to normal activities... gym, golf, walking, etc. However, the area around the incision is numb. I noticed...
  2. J

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    I am 8 weeks post op and I feel I am ready to go back to the bed to sleep. Took a while for the hip to get strong enough to withstand laying on it while in bed. Sometimes, even laying on my back bothered me, but it seems to be a matter of time. I've even started doing more weight bearing...
  3. J

    THR John's anterior TLHR recovery

    I am 8 weeks post op and I feel I am ready to go back to the bed to sleep. Took a while for the hip to get strong enough to withstand laying on it while in bed. Sometimes, even laying on my back bothered me, but it seems to be a matter of time. I've even started doing more weight bearing...
  4. J

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    After reading this thread I feel pretty lucky. I'm 77 years old. Am I lucky or did I have a good doctor.
  5. J

    THR John's anterior TLHR recovery

    I feel pretty lucky. I'm 77 years old. I had anterior THR on the left hip on February 3rd. The first two weeks were painful. I especially had problems with pain in the left knee or just above it. Had the normal meds but tried not to overdue it because I don't like meds. I used ice 24 / 7...
  6. J

    THR John's anterior TLHR recovery

    Thank you for all the informative replies. I'm definitely going to follow up on some of the advice I've been given. Today was a very weird day because I feel asleep early this morning and didn't wake up until 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon. Continuing to ice anything that aches and as I've said...
  7. J

    THR John's anterior TLHR recovery

    I had anterior left hip replacement on February 3rd. Originally, surgery was scheduled for March 10th, then due to a cancellation, moved up to February 20th, then on the January 30th, they called and said I could get it done on February 3rd. Fortunately, I had just had an annual wellness...
Back
Top Bottom