Recent content by Jesus fan

  1. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    Thanks @Layla , im not hurting too much just sore and I thought that should be gone by now. I also have a "pulling" feeling (kinda uncomfortable/painful) when im sitting - some times. The feeling is in the joint area. Don't know if this is normal. I thought after 12 weeks I should be like a new...
  2. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Mojo333 Its really sore where the joint is but really the whole hip. It may be the bursitis, I don't know. Yes, I have been walking more lately. Yes, I got new shoes before I had my surgery and saved them for after THR. My activity level consists of cleaning house (deep cleaning) and I rest as...
  3. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    Is it normal to still be really sore 12 weeks after THR?
  4. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Josephine Are there any core exercises that would be safe?
  5. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    Is it safe/ok to do sit ups 10 weeks after THR?
  6. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Layla Thank you so much, im doing much better, thank God! I hope you are doing well!
  7. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    How long did everyone use a raised toilet seat after THR? Is the raised seat for comfort (easier to get up) or is it to help not break the bending rule?
  8. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Josephine It's wonderful news to hear that it goes away!
  9. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Layla Thank you so much! I hope you have a good week also. (hugs) The OS told me that I could lay on my side with a pillow between my legs, I finally got brave and tried it and I rested so much better last night! I never was a back sleeper and it was such a relief to be able to lay on my side...
  10. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @anny How long did you have to let the bursitis rest before the swelling and pain left? Is bursitis some thing that will go away or will I have it for life?
  11. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Alitm I hope you continue to do well! Thank you very much for your well wishes.
  12. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    I went back to see the OS today. He says that I have bursitis in my hip, says that happens a lot after THR, which I already had it before that. He doubled my ibuprofen and prescribed "Voltaren gel" to rub on the painful area. Does anyone know if this gel works well? I've never heard of it...
  13. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Josephine I guess I didn't explain very well about the walking aid.... i'm currently on a walker and have been since day one. PT is trying to get me to go from walker to a cane so we were practicing with the cane every session until I had this flair up. Now she told me to stay with walker only...
  14. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Josephine 7 Do you think my hip may have dislocated??? @Bionic Wow I cant imagine walking two miles, congrats on your awesome recovery! @dlp At four weeks out shouldn't I not need meds around the clock? If I had taken them around the clock as the bottle said I would have been out of pills by...
  15. J

    THR Thank God, I've made it to the other side!<

    @Layla Thank you so much. Hope you are having a wonderful evening! (hugs)
Back
Top Bottom