Recent content by Jessicageb

  1. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    @Josephine, as always, you are beyond helpful! I have read the articles and it seems to describe what is going on with my poor leg. One thing I forgot to mention is that I can see some slight bruising on the side of my thigh that I don't think was there before (although I did have some bruising...
  2. J

    THR Tendon soreness after THR<<'

    Awwww @Lee0521 (((((Hugs))))). I think everybody on this forum knows how you feel. It IS an ordeal - a physical and emotional ordeal. Looking back on it, I should have worried a lot less about what I could and could not do and focused more on icing, resting and elevating. My advice is do not...
  3. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    Thank you @sharonslp for your quick reply. I probably am guilty of overdoing it a bit. I am the sort of person who cannot sit still. I am hoping that's all it is. How much rest would it typically take for you to recover after a flare-up? I remember that I was feeling good on Saturday and went...
  4. J

    THR Tendon soreness after THR<<'

    @Lee0521 - I did not do any PT at all. My OS recommended walking and a stationary bike as the best exercise. I do have a friend who did PT after her THR and found it beneficial.
  5. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    Hi hippies! I have not been around this forum for a while because I have been out walking, biking, dancing and generally enjoying my new hip. I had a THR a little over 3 months ago. This past Wednesday, I started to have pain again :unsure:. The pain is not terrible, but it is definitely new...
  6. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    @Josephine, I'm not really having problems, I just can't lift my leg very high. Do you think that's because I am doing too much? Honestly, I feel good, and do take time to rest throughout the day, but sitting still has never been easy for me. Maybe I will switch to 30 minutes of walking...
  7. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    @Nana757, thanks for the advice! I actually have been trying to balance on the op leg a bit, and I love that I no longer hear snap, crackle and pop when I do that! Regarding the steps, how long before you could walk up the steps normally rather than both legs on each step? (If that makes...
  8. J

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    @keepmovin so glad to hear that you got good news after your long wait! You have been through so much, you deserve to have smooth sailing from here on in. It sure has been beautiful weather in our part of the world these past few days. I hope you enjoyed your visit with your friend I am glad...
  9. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    Good day hippies! My recovery has been going great. As of yesterday, I am one month out and am pretty much pain free, with more mobility than I had before the surgery. I am doing a half hour on the stationary bike, plus walking around these massive supermarkets we have here on a daily basis...
  10. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    @Toddlermom took me a while to figure it out too. And I am only on aspirin. I can't imagine what it would be like on the stronger blood thinners! Two more days to go on the aspirin, and hopefully this mess will be over!
  11. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    @SweetPea69 i totally agree with you. I would have pushed myself a lot harder if it were not for this site. That being said, I am one of those people who have a hard time staying still, so I probably do overdo. I agree about the pain meds as well. I think my concentration is okay now, but...
  12. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    @SweetPea69 I am the same as you, I tend to need that resting day after an active one. I am lucky in that I can work and rest at the same time. I use my laptop, elevate my leg and ice while I am earning $. It's a pretty sweet deal. :egypdance: The kids don't require much at this point (other...
  13. J

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    @ScarlettB congrats on being un-stapled! Enjoy your shower! That itching sounds terrible. Maybe your doc could prescribe a different painkiller that is not so itchy?
  14. J

    THR Swelling On side of leg

    Hi Hippies! Before starting this post I wanted to warn that this is about a topic that many, especially males, find kinda gross. So I am now 3 weeks and 3 days out and have been on 2 aspirin a day since the surgery, to prevent DVT. Yesterday, began menstruating, quite a surprise because my...
  15. J

    THR Three Years On

    @mondo_caine this post means so much to me. I think when one is in the process of recovery, it is so easy to lose sight of the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the reminder that it is there! So happy that you are enjoying your hip!!!!
Back
Top Bottom