Recent content by Jesse for the Fight

  1. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Hello I'm now 8 months post op BTKR...I've gained soooo much weight. Not because of the new kness...I don't think...Rather other rheumatoid arthritis medication related weight...chemotherapy drugs... Today I started exercising again- love it! I really want to do lunges but am not sure if they...
  2. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Hello Yes, I am still around and think of my bonesmart friends often. I just went for a job interview today, my dream job, teaching painting at an art gallery. My new knees are great. I swim and exercise and go out with my partner and friends- apply for jobs... The works! I'd be bed ridden...
  3. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Thank you all very much!
  4. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Hello I had a bilateral total knee replacement just over three months ago. I've moved into my dream apartment, which has stairs, a lot of them. I knew walking up and down stairs would be a challenge as my legs are still very weak but I never thought I might actually be damaging or lessening the...
  5. Jesse for the Fight

    Anyone under 50 have knee replacment and no MUA

    Hello- both knees- 32- no MUA. I was scared during the first 3 weeks as I had a disarmingly sharp pain in my left knee... Doctors in the US and Canada love to drop the MUA bomb if our range isn't perfect by 6 week... My surgeon told me to work my bend.... My knee, being hot, inflamed and tired...
  6. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR Better Late than Never Recovery Thread

    Hello again! We are pretty close in the healing game. I'm just about five weeks. Whenever I'm feeling discouraged because I've had a blip in recovery or I feel I'm not where I should be, I go back and look at the article " How Long Does Healing Take...." It is full of great charts and for...
  7. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR Calamity on the other side!

    Why hello there. Look who made if through! I hope you remembered to not sit up too fast? Friends with the nurse eh? what a small world. How's it going anyway? Got interesting room mates? Sneaking in food? Hair behaving??? Tee hee. Hang in there champ, and be glad there are so many on here who...
  8. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Wow! That's great and so encouraging to meet ' knee veterans'. Thanks for sharing. ;)
  9. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Thanks Lalambchop! I see my OS tomorrow at the unwholesome hour of 8am ... Hearing more from people with knee replacements I'm glad to know this throbbing groin thing could be knee related and not some horrible malfunction of my hip replacement! I've found the stretching icing and self/friend...
  10. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    The stretching helps... for a while... It has been aching since I had my hip done but took a back seat to the knee issues. The dull pain is mostly constant and always returns an hour-ish after stretching. Will ask OS about it on Tuesday... I think it is a hip-related question which is why I...
  11. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Thanks Josephine.... But aargh! ITB and bursitis... that's me alright. Feeling a little discouraged and sad... so many kinks to work out... but off I go to try and stretch it out...
  12. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Hello, I had a left total hip replacement March 4, 2013 and I'm experiencing an aching sensation in my groin coupled with an aching sensation on my hip bone. I'm not sure how concerned I should be about this... The implant is ceramic, cementless and looks excellent in x-rays. I had my hip...
  13. Jesse for the Fight

    BTKR - Sept. 12 - Nerves starting to set in!

    Hi Turtlepoet! Like you, I was very stressed about not having enough help at home after my BTKR which was on July 29... just over 4 weeks ago. At home it is only me and my partner and he works ... a lot. I chose to stay three long weeks in a rehab facility as I'm the kind of person who gets very...
  14. Jesse for the Fight

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    That's a real bummer Dabber:( Be sure to get a walk in tub next reno. It must be hard to have to sit out of such a wonderful looking tub!
  15. Jesse for the Fight

    Questions galore! & Second Thoughts

    Hello, just wanted to add a different perspective on the sleep thing. First, I also wiggle and flail around a lot during the night so what saved me was having a hospital bed, with the touch of a button I could move my legs into a bend position then a flat position, move my back up to take some...
Back
Top Bottom