Recent content by Jenntee

  1. J

    THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

    Hi Surrey girl. I'm 15 months in after left THR. So glad I was offered a Nuffield hospital by the NHS as I've heard a lot of bad experiences with the NHS. My only complaint about the Nuffield was that they sent me home after 2 days when I would have liked to have stayed for a month :heehee...
  2. J

    THR Too much yesterday

    Left THR 14 months ago. Everyone is right here. We've all done too much and felt mad at ourselves. Time and patience will pay off. Be kind to yourself and no more world record attempts
  3. J

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Hope my experience will help you. I had problems back sleeping in the beginning but with restless itchy legs until recently. Found my own solution was to use a bed cage to keep the bedding off my legs. I sleep really well now with no itchiness or foot swelling. I feel that my life has got loads...
  4. J

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    Hi James I would advise you to trust your gut feeling when it comes to exercise and recovery. I'm just past one year since my THR left leg and I'm walking well now. My specialist told me to walk as it was the best way to heal. It took me almost 6months before I stopped limping but I still do if...
  5. J

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    I was experiencing problems with my other leg recently which lead to my right foot swelling up. My surgery was on the other leg but no one told me that it would take so long to allow my body to readjust. If I'm honest I haven't been able to walk properly for years. Anyway I'm doing well. I...
  6. J

    THR Hip #2 17 months later

    Hi everyone. I'm 12 months after my THR left leg. Surgery was on 10 November 2022. I've had lots of issues after my surgery so I sympathise with you. It took a while to get back to side sleeping so my husband moved to the spare bed as soon as I could get up by my self.
Back
Top Bottom