Recent content by jeffjob

  1. jeffjob

    TKR More pain with obesity

    Joaniee, I weighed 280 when I had mine done in 2019. Two people I know had a much harder time then I did, and they weighed much less than me. Everyone heals and feels the recovery from this procedure differently. Your soft tissue is healing from the procedure and that will hurt no matter the...
  2. jeffjob

    TKR Double TKR?

    I wanted both done at the same time but my OS would not do it. So I had mine done 6 weeks apart which worked out great for me. Each knee is different and after my first I still thought it would be good to have gotten them both done at once but my second was much more difficult and was glad I...
  3. jeffjob

    Revision TKR 2 yrs post op

    Wow, I had TKR in both knees in 2019 and I can’t imagine still being in pain. I am a firm believer the skill of the surgeon plays the biggest role. At your age I would find the best OS team and get it fixed. Good luck to you.
  4. jeffjob

    TKR TKR on Feb 26. Ist Post

    It really varies. I had both done in April / May of 2019. With the first, I had very little pain after 3 weeks. With the second, I had lots of pain for about 8 weeks. Hang in there, healing is happening and when all the soft tissue gets happy, you will realize how great your new knee will feel!
  5. jeffjob

    TKR Pain & Stiffness Following Knee Surgery.

    My opinion is to go easier on the exercise And focus on icing and elevating. I did some walking, outpatient PT 2-3 times a week and daily activities. Whenever I did pt my knee and surrounding tissue would hurt if I overdid it. Pain and discomfort at your stage is not uncommon. I think you are...
  6. jeffjob

    TKR Mosey43's Recovery Thread

    What do you mean by poor recovery? Each of us faces challenges with TKR. How can we help?
  7. jeffjob

    Bilateral TKR Tim's Recovery Thread

    Hi and welcome as well. No two recoveries are the same so it’s really hard to compare. I am at the 7 & 8 month mark and my worse knee is still loosing some swelling. I just told my wife last week that I can see more definition in the knee because the swelling in down. To my experience, your...
  8. jeffjob

    TKR Post 10 days

    @BenF Yes, it's a process! I had lot's of pain above the knee as well. It made bending harder and I took my time with it. Be careful with PT, don't do it to the point of pain and don't let it set you back on your recovery. I did out-patient PT 3 times a week and listened to my body. I did not...
  9. jeffjob

    TKR The Suspense is Killing Me!

    Home PT can be luck of the draw and how you manage them. I ended up with a fabulous person that really treated me well and both my wife and I really liked. I had lots of fear my first TKR and I remember the first time she went to touch my leg to help it bend. I politely (but firmly) told he I...
  10. jeffjob

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Funny you asked this as yesterday I kneeled (to get up from working on the floor) for the first time since my TNR's 5 & 6 months ago. Botton line, it really felt ok to me. The pressure felt a bit strange and I did not linger on my knees (on a carpet) but it did not feel bad. To answer your...
  11. jeffjob

    TKR Now the fun begins!

    Good report! Keep up your meds, icing and elevating. Get your daily activity up as soon as your knees are ready. Keep moving and go easy on the PT.
  12. jeffjob

    TKR The Suspense is Killing Me!

    I had a pre-op class. Really done well and informative. They said no catheters and I woke up with one. Turned out to be a great thing! They targeted pain to be 2-4 / 10 and they met that with me. I took the max allowed during my over night stay. I would ask what PT will be required and what...
  13. jeffjob

    TKR New knee- ace wrapping

    I had the same issue on both my legs. And my OS did not use any adhesive bandages so when the ace and compression wrap fell, it left my incision exposed. Eventually I got the home nurse to provide an adhesive (island) dressing. What I eventually did that helped keep the compression bandage up...
  14. jeffjob

    TKR The Suspense is Killing Me!

    No way to predict how "weight bearing" you will be. I had both knees done this spring (6 weeks apart) and the first I will full weight bearing right away and on a cane in a few days and just did very well. The second knee needed a lot more work and I could not put full weight on it for about 10...
  15. jeffjob

    TKR Second tkr, now both are new

    Good to have them done I am sure! I had mine done 6 weeks apart this spring. They were so different in the recovery process, so be prepared for that! I am 5 and 6 months out now and both are doing great. It is so good to be able to do things again! Be well.
Back
Top Bottom