Recent content by Jean3600

  1. J

    TKR Effusion after tkr

    I am a six weeks out from my surgery. I too have noticed that my new knee is feeling from warm to hot all of the time. I have good range of motion, but there is still some swelling and redness all over the kneecap. I am seeing my doctor this afternoon and I will ask him about this. I also...
  2. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    Hi All! I had my six week visit with my OS and he has given me the all clear. No follow up visits needed. He's happy, as am I, with my progress. Still have occasional swelling after walking, so the ice machine gets turned on and I elevate. The insomnia has finally stopped, praise the Lord...
  3. J

    Want My Life Back

    Wow! Your comments could have been written by me...every bit of it. I had such pain in my left knee that I could not walk from my living room to the kitchen without experiencing awful pain. I couldn't participate in anything, or go anywhere. My groceries had to be delivered. The idea of...
  4. J

    TKR One year after having both knees done and much pain after using treadmill

    My OS told me to not use a treadmill at all. He said the pace and hard pounding are not good for my knee. He suggested gentle walking on level surfaces until all swelling has disappeared. Icing is just part of my daily routine now.
  5. J

    Knee replacement surgery schedule Nov 28

    I had a left take Oct 12th. Was so nervous it bordered on scared. But I had a great surgeon and the orthopedic nursing staff were stellar. I was in hospital for only 24 hours and went home. Within an hour of surgery I was up and walking using a frame. I was amazed. Speak candidly to your...
  6. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    Hi Y'all! Karri, I highly recommend the icing. I used the rubbing alcohol/water mixture ice pack. I have the icing pad that works with the ice water running through a pad that straps to the knee. However, the homemade ice pack really chills down the knee quickly and made the staple removal...
  7. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    Update: Hi everyone!! I am now just over three weeks post op. You have all been so supportive to me and I want to give you an update on where I am in the process of TKR. I was such a whinny person, and you were all so supportive and kind. My last home health visit and home physical therapy...
  8. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    Josephine, thanks for your reply. I believe I do have myself in hand now. I knew that I was being impatient at two weeks. I knew going into the surgery it was going to be a long recovery period. The tortoise and hare analogy you used was what I had been experiencing. But sometimes it...
  9. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    My PT was here today, my ROM is 100. I was able to walk with a cane inside easily, though she would prefer that I continue to mainly rely on the frame and then add in the cane. Staples come out Thursday and I start outpatient PT on Monday. I can see a whole body shower in my near future...
  10. J

    TKR 12 days after TKR

    Hi Markgh, I just had my knee replaced ten days ago. I was told by my nurse and PT that I was doing amazingly well and let it go to my head. I walked and stood for too long a period of time this past Thursday and have painfully had a set back. Learn from my bad example. Take your time DO NOT...
  11. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    As I wrote earlier, I stupidly showed off my knee without using a frame when walking. Yesterday I was in bed most of the day elevating, icing and requiring an extra oxy. I had been using one 5mg oxy every four to six hours. My prescription said I could use one to two tabs every four to six...
  12. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    Gee, losing your tastebuds for chicken and dumplings is just plain catastrophic. I've decided to just eat foods that aren't favorites right now. Throwing another question out to you all. Have any of you experienced pain behind the back of the leg just below the knee bend? It's driving me...
  13. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    BCBG, I have had Physical therapists at my home on Saturday, Tuesday and today. There are a list of exercises I am to do 2-3 times a day in between visits. They get easier though I don't particularly enjoy them. Lots of flex exercises to make sure I don't walk with a limp. Others are for...
  14. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    KarriB, Hi! It's good to know that the "cocktail" is a pretty standard one. Poor you, six days. It's misery isn't it? One day is a day too much. I think this is a topic that cannot be covered in pre-surgery information enough. I was already having issues with the iron supplements but with the...
  15. J

    TKR Home after TKR surgery yesterday

    Hi Jen and BBCG! PT just left and she is thrilled with how well I'm going in just one week since surgery. I'm at 93 degree bend, pain level has remained below 4. I get the staples out next Wednesday Whoot Whoot! The bruising, well it is a modernistic twist of swaths of yellow and green at...
Back
Top Bottom